Chapter 16 - Desperation

Ashley's POV

Blaze called me every day, but I didn't pick up his calls. A month had passed since that day, but he had been coming to my house or calling me. I had to do something to keep him away from me and my baby.

"Hey, you lost in your thoughts again. " Kelly interrupted my thoughts, looking at me sadly.

"Blaze...I have to keep him away from me and my baby. I need a plan before my stomach starts showing." I said, sighing.

"...Ashley....are you sure about it? I know he is a bastard, but he or she is his baby, too. He should know." Kelly said softly as she placed her hand on top of mine.

"No,Kelly. I will not tell him. My baby doesn't need a father like him." I said confidently. "And I don't think he is interested in being a father now." I gave her a sad smile.

Blaze's POV

It had been a month. A freaking month without Ashley. I missed her so much. Her voice,her touches, her beautiful smile. I had been calling her and waiting for her in front of her house, but she wasn't talking to me. I felt desperate. I didn't know what to do. I just kept drinking, trying to reduce the pain I felt.

"Blaze? Are you drinking again?" My mother interrupted my thoughts.

I lifted my head up, looking at her, playing with the glass

I lifted my head up, looking at her, playing with the glass. She sighed as she walked closer to me and sat down beside me.

"Blaze, what is going on with you?" She asked, concerned.

"Nothing, Mom. " I muttered and sipped my drink.

"Did you break up with your girlfriend?" She asked.

I closed my eyes, pursing my lips together as I tightened my grip around the glass."I hurt her." I muttered as I gave her a sad smile.

"What happened?" She asked, raising her eyebrow in a questioning expression.

"Mom, I don't want to talk about it." I said as I stood up.

Suddenly, my head spun.

"Blaze! " My mother caught me by my waist.

"Oops. I drank too much. I can not stand properly." I smirked. "But why do I still feel this pain?" I asked, pressing my hand on my chest.

"Blaze." My mother gave me a compassionate look and hugged me.

I hugged her back. "I love her so much. But I screwed up everything."

Ashley's POV

I was waiting for the doctor. Today was my first doctor appointment. I was so excited and nervous. I was going to see my baby for the first time.

"Ms. Parker. " The nurse called me.

I took my bag, and I walked into the room.

"Hello, Ms. Parker." The doctor greeted me, giving me a slight smile.

"Hello."

"Lie down, please."

I nodded and lay down. The doctor started checking my baby using an ultrasound.

I was biting my lower lip nervously without taking my eyes off the screen.

"Look, it is your baby." The doctor said as she pointed to the little white spot.

I smiled, looking at the spot. My eyes filled with tears of joy. My baby.

"The baby is healthy. You are seven weeks pregnant now." She informed, looking at the screen. "You can stand up." She said as she walked towards her desk.

Then, she gave me some information about pregnancy. I left the hospital afterwards and went to the cafe where I was going to meet up with James.

James was so supportive and caring towards me. He always called me and asked about my health and my baby.

I waved at James as he walked into the cafe. He smiled at me as he walked towards me. He gave me a hug.

"How do you feel?" He asked after he ordered a cup of coffee.

I shrugged my shoulders, giving him a slight smile. "I am trying to be better."

"Ashley, what happened? What did that bastard do to you?" He asked as he entwined his hands on the table, looking into my eyes with inquiring eyes.

I sighed and told him about the bet. He clenched his fist while listening to me.

"Asshole! Who is he? Give me his address. I will make him pay." He said angrily.

"James, he isn't worth it. Now I am just thinking about my baby. No one else. But I have to keep him away from Aspen before my stomach starts showing. On the other hand, there are my parents. I don't know how to tell them about my pregnancy." I said, rubbing my stomach.

He looked at me with a questioning expression. "Aspen?"

I smiled. " Yes, my son." I said, stroking my stomach gently.

I hadn't known that my baby was a boy or a girl. But my intuition was telling me that I was expecting a boy. I wanted to name him Aspen. This name was special to me. I had beautiful days in Aspen....when I was in a love bubble while Blaze was laughing at my back.

"Such a beautiful name." James gave me a warm smile.

"Yes. But I don't know how to keep him away from me. He keeps calling me every day. I am tired of telling him to leave me alone, but he doesn't understand." I sighed as I ruffled my hair. "He is still playing with my feelings. He doesn't understand that every time I see him I feel worse and worse." I said in a sad voice.

"Do you love him?" He asked, looking into my eyes.

"....It is not important anymore." I muttered without looking at him, rubbing my stomach.

"Marry me!" He said firmly.

I lifted my head up as I looked at him, dumbfounded.