Chapter Nineteen: Vampire Slayers

The four of us stared dumbfounded in Sam's direction. Nothing happened. Not a single vampire stirred. My heart was in my throat and adrenaline rushed through my veins. Sam had the cell door barely opened, his body froze in position. Uncertain looks flashed between the five of us.

Dean's cuffs were half off at this point and Cassidy was nearly free as well. She grimaced with each jolt to her injured wrist. Alex and I quickly turned back to our task of freeing Dean and Cassidy. I prayed over and over again that this would be over soon.

Something was wrong with this picture. I had this gut feeling that time was running out and no matter how hard we tried we would not escape unscathed. As I worked, I noticed Dean's eyes kept flickering in the direction of an old wood door. I didn't want to find out what was behind it, not right now, not ever.

Suddenly, Dean's muscles flexed and the hair on the back of my neck stood on end. Please let me be wrong. Please let me be wrong. I turned round slowly, I wasn't wrong.

Amber eyes pierced through every layer of confidence I had, and for a split second I swore they were violet. A wicked smile grew on his face, whiskey breath blowing into my face.
"Hello Angel," he grabbed my throat and instantly my breath was cut short. "You're even better close up."

"Get away from me, vam-pervert," I hissed as black spots were spiraling into my vision. Keep it together. Pathetically, I was clawing at his hands in an attempt to get free, each motion leaving me with one ounce less of energy. Smirking, the vampire let go of me and I hit the ground practically limp.

Greedily, my lungs forced the air in and out of my body as if I had been deprived of it for an eternity. I saw Alex knocked out beside Cassidy , who looked distressed and numb all at the same time. Sam was being forced to the ground near the cage. I was lifted up and dragged out of the room without a fight. My mind was to fogged up to think clearly or fight back

I was roughly pushed onto the floor somewhere else, it looked like a metal bathing stall or storage room. I heard the thick metal door shut. Amber eye's knelt down and smiled at me, letting his fangs come out.

"Only douche bags show a girl their fangs on the first date," I fired in a smart ass tone. His face darkened at the insult, if I my lungs weren't on fire I would have laughed, instead it came out ragged and brutal, followed by a series of coughs.

"You should be far from joking Winchester. You should be afraid."

"God, do you know how damn tired I am of being told I should be afraid? You all seriously need to rethink your threatening catchphrases." This vampire was getting tired of my crap. "Ya' know on that same note I'm sick of all this shit. Kidnapping after kidnapping. Worrying about whether I'm going to be okay. Whether my family is going to be okay." Whether or not I will ever actually be free... The vampire looked irritated.

"Shut up would you?" He was still kneeling down in front of me. By now my lungs had started working normally and I was think clearly.

"Why? Am I bothering you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You're just freaking annoying."

"Sorry not sorry ,Sparkles."

"What did you just call me?"

"Sparkles, cause vampires are sparkly fairies."

"How dare you."

"Not my fault the Stephanie Myer captured your true selves." That must have hit the last nerve because the vamp went to hit me. Instead, however, I caught his arm. My fingers latched down with an iron grip, surprising both of us.

"That's another thing," I hissed climbing to my feet, putting more pressure on the arm of the vampire. He actually yelped in pain. The other two vampires went to run forward but stopped when I reached out and grabbed their leader by the throat with my other hand. Faintly, I heard a bolt slide into place. One of the two ran to the door and attempted to open it.