TWENTY NINE

Daniel introduced me to a friend of his, who was a beautician. She had to fix me up for the "Big Night" as he called it.

I would've never agreed to it, but I guess somehow, deep down, I wanted to see Jungkook there and I wanted him to see me in my full glory as well. Sure I would be no match for Irene, but I wanted to look at least as gorgeous as it was possible for me to manage.

Imma show you what you're missing, Jeon Jungkook.

It took a good two hours what with doing my eyebrows, waxing my limbs, getting my hair done, the smokey eye make up and God knows what.

Finally the beautician was done with what she called "finishing touches", and I stood in front of Daniel, swirling happily.

"Wow, I'm one lucky man" He said as he looked me up and down.

To be honest, I was in shock too, at my magic transformation. I never knew red looked so good on me. The blood red almost backless gown with a side cut, complemented by the beautiful hair updo looked gorgeous.

"April?" he asked.

"Hmm?"

"You know Jungkook would be there too, right?"

"Yeah"

"Will you be okay?"

"Come on, he's my boss. I have to face him anyway" I replied, trying to sound unconcerned, but I knew that it wouldn't be as easy as I was pretending to make it sound like.

"Okay"

***

We were escorted to the deck and as I looked around, my apprehension increased. It was beautiful, with so many colorful lights trying to brighten up the night. The whole ferry was decorated with fresh flowers, and their scent was just adding more to the beauty of the night. There were many people, all of them looking important. A lot of foreigners were attending too. The cool ocean wind did little to calm me down.

Daniel held my hand all the time, which was embarrassing but reassuring at the same time, since I was feeling uncomfortable, dizzy and a lot of other things, all at once. I kept looking around, trying to see him just one time.

What if he didn't come?

The ferry set to sail. Was it too late for him to get here now?

Daniel kept introducing me to his friends and acquaintances. They were all quite nice people. But my attention was determined to wander away in his search.

"April, this is Park Jimin, and he's the love of pretty much everyone around here, whether it's a man or a woman" He introduced me to a guy slightly shorter than him, with orange hair and plump limps. That guy was not only ridiculously attractive, but had an amazing muscular body as well. Also, he had this carefree, cheerful aura around him that improved my mood a lot.

"Wow Daniel, your girlfriend is hot" He blurted right out.

"I'm just accompanying him tonight" I smiled shyly.

"Oh, good" he winked at me "So how did you meet this introverted guy?"

"I work for Jeon Enterprises.."

His mouth fell open.

"J-Jeon? For Jeon Jungkook?"

"Yeah. Do... do you know him?"

"Why yes he's my best friend! We both used to live in the same city. He was here a second ago, where did he go?" Jimin started looking around. "Oh, there he is. Let me wave to him..."

"Hey don't..." before Daniel could stop him, he had called out for the guy supposed to be Jungkook. As the guy turned around, I thought I stopped breathing.

A/N:

Thank you so much for another beautiful cover @zzxdiee_14 😍😍😍😍