54 | the little town

Asanda | Colton••••••••••••••••••••••••••9:00pm

Asanda | Colton
••••••••••••••••••••••••••
9:00pm

"Hey Chicken"

"Hey baby girl, how was the impromptu lecture today?"

"It was kind of fun although its hard to admit. Mr. Nelson went over theater details and then we had an improv drama play that lasted for fifteen minutes before we started rehearsing for the real play"

"What's it called?"

"What? The play? Its called The Little Town. Its about a girl who lives in a little town and meets a guy who was thrown out of his home and she welcomes him in her own home town where an unlikely friendship forms and blossoms into something else when they spend time with each other. Its a typical musical romance but there is a twist in it."

"Oh really? That sounds interesting"

"It is. The play might be a little clichè but its got some incredible actors that bring the story back to live on stage"

"And you're one of them"

"Mhm?... yeah I guess so"

"What did they cast you as?"

"The main lead Sadie"

"I'm not even surprised, the way you sound so passionate with acting reflects on your performace which must be a sight to see... but still congratulations"

"Well... uh, thanks. It means a lot to hear you say that"

"I would say it everyday if I could"

"..."

"Are-- are any visitors allowed?"

"No. Its strictly the parents, the professors and the actors. Why? Did you wanna come?"

"I don't know... maybe? I wanted to cheer you on but I guess I'll do it over the phone"

"That's sweet of you"

"I wasn't even trying baby girl. Anyway, I know you'll do great princess even if I'm not there to see it. From the time I've spoke to you, you sound like a hard working, head strong, passionate, beautiful young lady and all of that will show when you rock that stage"

"... Beautiful? You-- You think I'm beautiful? You haven't even met me"

"And I don't need to, although I wouldn't mind. Being beautiful is not from the outside only but beauty comes from within and you've shown me plenty of that beauty while we talked."

"You're -- You're-- Chicken, is this one of your antics to charm me?"

"No. I'm just being honest princess"

"... How am I supposed to keep my distance if you say stuff like that?"

"Um ... don't do it?"

"... Thank you though, I really needed that"

"Like I said, I'd say it everyday if I could. When is the play?"

"A little over a week"

"You're going to rehearse for an entire play for a week?"

"Yep"

"Damn. I'd hate to be you. All that memorizing must be a workout for the brain"

"I love doing this so I really don't mind at all... except for living on caffeine alone."

"I wonder why you can memorize scripts but you don't even remember my favorite color"

"I told you that you didn't tell me!"

"I did. You just don't remember"

"... I'm really not in the mood for an argument Chicken. I'm really tired"

"And here I am holding you up after a long day"

"Its okay, I asked for it. I can stay up for a few more minutes"

"Don't do that or you'll end up dozing in my ear. You should sleep"

"Okay... tomorrow?"

"You don't even have to ask"

"Okay. Night Chicken"

"Good night baby girl"

 I have to admit that I was thinking about Beauty And The Beast when I wrote what Chicken said about beauty🙊

Written: 09 April 2018
Published: 03 May 2020

---591 Words---