28

Ethan Junior's POV

"Son, are you sure about this?" My father asked for the hundredth time on Thursday evening.

"Yes Dad," I growled.

"There really isn't a rush. Your mom and I love having you around the house. You're still our little boy."

"I know that, but I really need my own space and my own rules now Daddy. I'm growing up, and I really want a solid life and a serious relationship."

"Okay. I understand that. But, as you know, you wouldn't be given the mansion until you're twenty one."

"I know that too Dad, but can we please go see the luxury villa now? Zenia is coming home from the hospital tomorrow and I want to surprise her with our own house."

My father and I had been house hunting since Tuesday. I wanted a house-- not too big, not too small-- with a luxury feeling and look to it; and one that was within the distance of my family.

Cindy Peters, my father's real estate agent, had met up with us at the last property I was desperately hoping to settle for.

Dad had dismissed all the others:

"That's too big."

"That's too small."

"There's no swimming pool."

"Why is everything in glass?"

"That house looks like thieves could easily break into it regardless of the security systems."

Sometimes, Dad could be so overly protective. Both Cindy and I were getting frustrated. 

"This one is the last on my list," Cindy said as we pulled up to a very beautiful villa with a swimming pool to the front.

"This looks like a cheap ass vacation home," Dad said as he got out of the van and looked at the house with dreadful eyes.

"Dad!" I scolded

"Dad!" I scolded.

He was only hating on the houses because he didn't want me to leave home and start my own.

"It's really not that bad, and it's only half an hour away from home. This is ideal for Zenia and me. I like it, and I think she'll like it too."

"If she likes this, then she doesn't have taste in houses."

"It's only for a while Dad. I'm turning twenty one soon."

"Exactly. So why don't you just wait until you're twenty one to have your mansion like what Evan did?"

"Dad, my girlfriend is in a very unpredictable state of mind. I want to be there for her."

He settled down, turned down his tone of voice and mild temper, and flashed a smile. He pulled me into a hug and we walked side-by-side as Cindy began describing what the villa possessed.