0.4

*

*

Millions of questions and thoughts raced through Eleanor's head as she sat in her bedroom later that night. The eager side of her was curious about Edward, wondering if he could do as much as she could and help her control it. However, the part of her that was scared of her abilities was also scared of the possibility that the Cullens' were something more than mind readers.

Eleanor decided that, no matter how she felt, she needed to confront one of the Cullens'. She had to know if there was a better way to control her powers and live with them without fear. Eleanor raised her hand and let the scarlet tendrils swim around her pale fingers.

She wasn't entirely sure of what all she could do. The most she had experienced was the accidental - sometimes purposeful - mind reading and the scarlet energy bursts she could release from her hands. El's favorite thing about her abilities was her control of telekinesis - it made reaching things around her room much easier. 

Eleanor could remember the moment when she first developed her powers and had accidentally smashed her mirror from moving her hand too quickly and sending a ball of energy into it. Her mother was terrified - she had even called for a priest to bless their home. When Mrs. Stanley found Eleanor alone in her room with a smashed mirror, scared face, and no injuries, she had instantly thought that something was messing with them.

Mrs. Stanley wasn't a fan of supernatural forces and she wanted no part of it in her house.

That was why El never told her mom or sister. She was weird, to say the least, and she couldn't exactly take her abilities away and live a normal life. She could only hope that Edward would have some answers.

Eleanor turned her focus to the pens that surrounded the notebooks on her bed. She raised her hands, moving her fingers in a dance as the pens tangled in the tendrils and rose in the air.

She tilted her head, becoming more and more focused on how her mind moved the objects. El pulled the pens closer to her body before she snapped her wrists and sent the pens flying into different parts of her room.

Eleanor smiled before picking her hands up once again and moving the pens back up to the bed. The only time she felt comfortable with her abilities was when she was alone in the comfort of her room - she couldn't hurt anyone when she was alone.

Her smile turned into a frown and her thoughts turned back to the matter at hand. She had to confront them as soon as possible. She was scared of the possibilities ahead of her but perhaps this would be a good thing. Edward knew what she had done anyway and, even if she didn't confront him, she had a feeling their paths would cross anyway.

---

Eleanor was pleased to see that it was raining the next day. She liked the rain for one, enjoying the soft sounds it made as it landed on the earth. The rain also meant that the Cullen family would be at school that day - the family only missed when it was sunny. Apparently, they all went on family hiking trips.