69. Evaluation

A/N - Huge thank you and lots of credit to hotricebowl for helping me with this chap (and the rest of the story lol)! Follow her pls she's a wise bowl of rice

With a sly smirk and mischievous tone, Taehyung took a few minutes explaining the weaknesses of his former team to his father, the King of Hel, who was nodding in both understanding and amusement at his words. Medusa listened closely, intrigued. Truthfully, she did not expect the wonders to have very obvious weaknesses. Then again, the prince did learn this information by encountering them himself. There was no way for him to be wrong.

Medusa glanced around and observed the expressions of the other Great Six members. Massimo was staring at Taehyung with squinted eyes, almost as if he was suspecting the Helian prince's presence. Honestly, she didn't mind him being here, although his appearance was a bit surprising.

Belladonna was listening attentively and Medusa could tell that she was mentally taking notes. The snake enchantress remembered how the young had strongly expressed her desire to go against and finish off Jimin herself as vengeance for Illusia. She could tell by her evil smile that she was dead serious about her self-proclaimed mission.

Then Medusa took a good look at Shay, who was silently staring at the tabletop, hands tightly clenched together. She could tell how stressed the team leader was through how her knuckles trembled as they turned white.

Medusa remembered the first time she met Shay, who had become Great Six's leader shortly afterwards. The princess was fiery, someone who didn't take anyone else's words to define her. Despite her strong persona, however, she knew what truly was underneath it.

Shay had never cried once, at least not in front of the team. Yet, right now, Medusa knew that she was in the brink of tears.

Medusa was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't realize King Michael's transmission had already ended with a short buzz. Now there was a silence in the room, an awkward one that suffocated them.

Before anyone could speak, Shay stood up and slammed her palms on the tabletop, glare piercing. "Medusa."

Medusa beamed, her snake eyes glowing. Flicking her tongue, she unconsciously scratched at the scales of her cheeks with her nails. "Yes, leader?"

"Tour Taehyung around the ship," Shay took a few moments to stare at Taehyung, who only returned the piercing gaze. The tension between the siblings was thick. "I will be in my quarters and I don't want anyone to disturb me until we arrive in Hel. Meeting dismissed."

Shay turned around, taking loud steps towards the door as she slammed it shut with purple mist. Medusa, along with the rest, stared at it, as if they were expecting the team leader to enter once more and change her mind about leaving.