Chapter 1

I was told the moment I was born I wasn't natural I wasn't like other babies I was born with wolf ears and a tail. But with a human body I can shift into a wolf if I want to but when it comes to trying to hide my ears and tail it doesn't work right they refuse to go away. Even when I learned to shift I couldn't make them go away. I was the only one of my kind and everyone was afraid of me. I was raised as a killing machine I was raised in a village where once every twenty years a woman and a wolf mate together.

 Its the only time where a wolf can take human form and make a guardian for my village that is stronger each twenty years then the last guardian. Its the pack my village made with the wolves to create peace between the two species. Sadly for the ones who were born as guardians they aren't given a choice on how they will grow up. It was decided each time which woman gets picked to carry the next guardian. Lucky for my mom and not for me that she got chosen. 

Once she was chosen it was up to her and another male to raise me to fight, kill and protect. That's all I knew I didn't even get any love when my mother saw that I would always have my tail and ears out and that they wont go away when I changed back she didn't like me thought I was a defect. The wolf that made me when he did his job he left. The wolf that was my "father" didn't want to stay to see how I would grow. But that's just how it goes for the wolves they didn't want anything to do with humans when they can avoid them they do. 

As far as he was concerned I was no child of his. I tried to talk to him once when I could sneak away but he didn't bother showing up none of the wolves did. I sensed them there but they never showed themselves to me. It used to make me feel lonely I mean why can't I be like everyone else? Pretty soon I stop asking that question and I turn off my feelings and I just kill when commanded too. One day something happened that changed everything for me. 

Another village came across ours and started a war on territory they wanted the land my village was living on since theirs was destroyed they were desperate. Of course they used me against them but soon I met my match for they had a wolf of their own that was bigger and stronger than me. You could tell it was only a wolf because wolves give off this scent of the beast that is within them. There was no humanity in it whatsoever since I was still just a wolf pup barely fourteen years old. I was no match against the beast and I lost. 

My village was forced to give up their land and I knew right then and there it was only going to get worse for me. But lucky for me I don't feel anything anymore so when they beat me and threw me out saying I was a waste of a guardian. I knew I was on my own the two people that were supposed to be my "parents" and raise me didn't even look back as they turned and left me there all banged up and hurt. I closed my eyes and just laid there waiting for the pain to go away. For death to take me for I knew I was going to die from some of the wounds they inflicted on me. 

While I was laying there on the ground I didn't hear someone walking towards me. The pain took over and all I felt was pain the only thing I could feel right now and I couldn't hear anything but the pounding of my heart as it tries to keep pumping trying to keep me alive. I didn't react at first when I felt someone touch me and then try to pick me up. The moment they tried to lift me up I opened my eyes baring my teeth growling. As my eyes opened and I growled I saw a man and he looked shocked when he saw I was awake and aware. 

I was waiting for him to drop me and run for it or finish me off by killing me it wouldn't take much to kill me by the way that I was. But he doesn't for the first time I see him looking at me differently then from what the people from my village looked at me. He looked at me with concern. He doesn't say anything he carries me with him and I just let him I didn't care anymore what happened to me.  

The last thing that I remember was being in and out of consciousness I couldn't tell how long we have been walking and how long this man has been carrying me. But however long it was he eventually stopped walking and I could smell something in the air. It smelt like fire and food I open my eyes and I look around taking in my surroundings I was in a hut and it looked like this man lived alone. I looked up at him and I saw that he was looking at me back. I finally shoved against him making him lose his grip on me and I fall to the floor. 

I start to crawl to the door it wasn't that far away from me I just wanted to die in the woods I didn't want to die in some small ass hut with a human that would just end up killing me and eating me anyways. I wanted to decide how I died people have spent most of my life trying to decide how I lived so I wanted to die on my terms. But I don't make it to the door as the man speaks for the first time and I stop crawling to catch what he was saying to me. 

"You won't be able to make it out there if you leave, your wounds are really serious and you will die if you don't get them treated soon. So stop moving and let me treat them," he said to me sounding slightly annoyed. I glare up at him and I sit up and growl lowly and I feel myself start to change. But I stop it and stay in my human form I didn't know how to handle someone like him never really met people outside of my village unless I was told to kill them. But I never got to talk to them before.

Well I knew I was going to die regardless where I was at. "Just kill me and get it over with will you? I just want to be dead already so I can be at peace I don't feel anything anyways so it will be a relief to be dead and not have to live in this stupid meaningless world anymore," I said. An emotion flitted across his face but it was gone before I could get a good look at it. He doesn't say anything to that he just goes through his bag that he has beside him and pulls out what he needs to dress up my wounds.

I just sigh and give up letting him do what he wants. Who knows maybe I'll die as he takes care of me. That would at least be a little good of a image to have before death took over. Before I knew it without realizing it. My eyes close on their own and I fall asleep. The last image that fills my eyes before unconsciousness takes over me. Is the man bending over me and taking great care not to hurt me as he wraps me up.

I don't know how long I have been out but soon I open my eyes and I see that it's dark. At first I think that I finally died and I was in hell where I belonged for killing people. That hell was just total darkness with no light to lead the way. I sit up and wince some as I do. I look down and see that my wounds are bandaged up tight.