nineteen | he's here

Waking up for chemo again is more depressing than I thought. I am trying to not let it get to me, and with Dylan around it's been easier than expected.

"You know Lee, there's a new season of Prison Break. So, my laptop is fully charged, and we're binging the shit out of it today. Are you ready for more Michael Scofield?"

As I sat in the embarrassing wheelchair, I, despite myself, smiled at the events that are to come today. Dylan and I always wanted another season.

"You know I am." I smirk. "I bet he's still hot as hell."

As expected, Dylan groans as he begins pushing the chair.

"Seriously, Lee? Lets not comment on that ever again okay, I don't need to know about any of that."

I start laughing and am prepared to scar him for life when we're interrupted.

"Don't need to know any of what?"

Zach's voice cuts through the bustling halls of the hospital and promptly halts Dylan's movements as he waits for him to catch up.

I am sure Dylan's confused as to why he's here, and I honestly can't be sure why either, but he doesn't miss a beat.

"Leena's crude crush on Michael Scofield."

Zach catches up to us as Dylan finishes his statement, a statement that causes Zach to go rigid as he questions through a clenched jaw "Whose Michael Scofield?"

Dylan again halts his movements and turns to face Zach, as my jaw drops.

"How do you not know?" I confusedly mumble.

"Zach," Dylan starts "If you have never watched Prison Break, there's going to be some problems. We have a routine here."

"Michael Scofield is a TV character?" Zach asks as he calms down a bit.

"Only the best TV character, on the best TV show." I say.

"Well, sorry Lenny. I don't know what you're talking about." Zach amusedly smirks.

"Alright, Zach" Dylan begins as he starts moving me forward again "You're lucky we've got so much time to kill. Because now, instead of just watching the newest season, we're going to re-watch the whole show. Are you ready Lee?"

"I think the question is if you guys are ready. I have a crush on a lot of those guys ya know." I deviously smirk.

"Lee!" Dylan groans as Zach watches in amusement "I am begging you, please keep the perverted comments to a bare minimum."

He then turns to explain to Zach "She thinks it's the funniest thing in the world to make me uncomfortable." Dyl explains as well pull into my room where my parents are waiting.

"Alright Leena," Dad claps as mom tightly smiles "You ready to knock this out of the park again, kid?"

"Yeah, dad." I fake smile back for their sake.

A nurse then comes in and gets me situated and on the hospital bed.

"Alright darling, you know the drill." She begins through her heavy southern accent "The less people in here the better, are all y'all staying?"

"Us two are," Dyl speaks for himself and Zach as he stands from his seat "We've got a show to binge."

"Your mother and I will go get some coffee and bring some snacks back." Dad says.

"Alrighty then, lets get this show on the road Leena." The nurse kindly smiles as she hooks me up to the proper machines and needles.

I look around the room and see everyone looking at me with the same dull, sad look as always. I take a deep breath to keep myself strong as I continue to look around at my loved ones.

Mom, on the verge of tears, but trying to keep a strong front for me.

Dad, holding mom together, trying to hold me together. But I can see he's struggling.

Dyl, looking at the needles in my arms with sadness and devastation. No matter how much Netflix we talk about, he'll always be the most devastated.

Zach, he's not looking at my arms? He's looking at me, at my face. He's reading my reaction, he's trying to make sure I'm okay.

And despite myself, despite my situation, I smile.

----

Four hours later, Zach is successfully addicted to Prison Break, my chemo is done for the day, and I am brutally tired.

Dylan leaves to go get my parents and the car as Zach helps me get situated in the wheelchair.

"You okay, Lenny?" Zach gently asks as I sit back and close my eyes.

"I'm fine." I say with a tired smile.

"Is it always like this?" Zach asks.

"Mostly," I answer "The side effects usually kick in a few hours after the treatment so you get to miss out on that part."

We enter the elevator and it's just us, so Zach takes the opportunity to move around the wheelchair and kneel in front of me.

He grabs my hands and gently asks "Are you really okay, Lenny?"

A small smile makes its way onto my face as I answer "This is as good as it gets, Zach. I'm fine."

He frowns as he plays with my fingers. I notice his jaw clench as he whispers "This shouldn't be the best for you, Leena. You don't deserve this."

"Not a lot of people do, Zach." I smile sadly.

"Hey," I whisper as I take his face in my hands "Thank you for being here today."

"Of course." He answers with a fierce determination "You're going to be okay, Lenny. I won't let this take you away."

----

Hi guys! Quick A/N, I'm about to start exams so here's a little filler chapter until I have time to post a longer one!

Thank you guys so much on making it past 430 reads!! Please share and continue to show your support!