0.5

Who's ready for Carlisle to come in? ;)

*

Later that evening, Alice Cullen eyed the girl that sat in her living room. She was intrigued by the girl and had been for some time. Alice had seen Eleanor in a vision years ago, which was part of the reason they had moved back to Forks. Strangely enough though, she had never seen what Eleanor was capable of.

El had been sitting on one of the couches in their living room for about thirty minutes. It was tense and a little awkward as the family sat around her. Edward had insisted that she meet Alice right after school but they wanted to wait for Carlisle before they explained anything and he still hadn't arrived.

Alice turned her head away from Eleanor when she heard gravel crunching under car tires. Everyone sat straighter and Eleanor looked around, straightening her back when she saw everyone do the same.

"He's here." Edward spoke quietly and El turned to look at him.

"Good." Alice smiled as she went to sit next to Eleanor. She smiled at the girl, trying her best to make her relax.

Eleanor looked around before scoffing. "I feel like I'm about to be forced into a cult."

Emmett laughed at the girl and crossed his large arms over his chest. "Don't worry, we're not like all cults."

Eleanor looked like she couldn't tell if he was serious or not, causing Alice to huff out a laugh. She could tell that the two would get along.

Carlisle made his way through the house, whistling a tune as he did. El felt her face flush with heat and looked down to her hands, hoping it would fade before he entered the room. The whistling stopped and she could hear him set something down. "What's going on?"

Edward stood, motioning to Eleanor. "She wants to know everything."

Carlisle's expression morphed into one of understanding and he made his way to the seat across from Eleanor and Alice. She finally looked up to him, feeling embarrassed that her cheeks were still burning.

Carlisle offered her a small smile. "What do you already know?"

Eleanor looked back down, finding her hands incredibly interesting at the moment. "Only that Edward can read minds."

Carlisle hummed, shooting the younger man a look. "Listen, Eleanor. What we're about to tell you is a secret that cannot be told to anyone else. If you tell anyone, you could potentially put their life in danger."

Panic gripped her veins and Eleanor took a deep breath. She nodded her head after a moment - she was good at keeping secrets, so she knew she'd have no problem with this one. "I promise I won't."

Rosalie looked very wary but didn't say a word. She was hesitant to tell Eleanor their biggest secret but it would too hard not to now.

Carlisle shifted in his seat and folded his hands together. "Edward can read minds but he's not like you. He is only able to do so because it's a gift as an immortal."

"Immortal?" She breathed. "Like... like vampires or something?"

The family's silence was the only answer she needed and Eleanor gripped her stomach. "Oh, my God."

Carlisle stood up, holding his hands out to the girl to show that he wasn't a threat. "I know it's a shock but I promise that we're not going to hurt you."

"Right." El couldn't help the shocked laugh that left her. "Right. You're vampires and vampires kill people! Is that why you brought me here? I found out your secret so you're going to kill me?!"

Emmett burst into laughter, causing Rosalie to elbow him harshly. Esme slid next to Carlisle to try and comfort Eleanor. "We don't drink from humans, Eleanor. We survive off of animal blood."

Eleanor tried to focus on herbreathing but panic was growing inside her. She looked at Esme and then back at Carlisle, who took a small step towards her. Without thinking, El shot her hands in front of her, watching as a scarlet ball of energy shot from her hands and hit Carlisle straight in the chest. Everyone tensed as Carlisle flew into the couch opposite of her and Eleanor shot up, immediately reaching to help. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay Eleanor." Esme helped Carlisle stand and made sure he was alright. "We know this is a shock. Why don't you sit back down and we can answer more questions."

Eleanor nodded and hesitantly sat back on the couch. She set her shaking hands in her lap and locked eyes with Carlisle. "I'm really sorry."

Eleanor was terrified and it showed plainly. She was in a house full of vampires and she had just attacked one of them. In eight years, she had never used her powers against someone to hurt them and she felt terrible that Carlisle had been hit.

Carlisle smiled at her and she could feel some of the tension melting from her veins. "It's okay, Eleanor. Edward said you reached into his mind first. Is that all  you can do?"

El took a deep breath before looking back down at her hands. "So far, I'm telekinetic, I can read minds and do whatever the energy blasts are. I don't really try to explore my abilities but I feel like I can do more."

"How long have you been able to do this?" Alice asked from beside her and Eleanor glanced at her.

"Since I was ten." El answered and sighed once more. "Like I said, I don't know how powerful I am or can be. I mean the first time I actually used the blasts against someone was two minutes ago."

Carlisle stared at her, pity and amazement seeping into his features. He had never met someone with Eleanor's abilities in all of his years of being alive and he was amazed that she was his mate.

He could see that she was insecure and nervous and all he wanted to do was help her.

"Well, lucky for you, we're pretty good at learning control." Alice said with a grin as she wrapped an arm around El's shoulders. The human turned to look at Alice. "You don't have to worry about this anymore - we'll help you in any way we can."

***

I love the friendships that are already forming between the Cullen's and Eleanor. And Carlisle and Eleanor have finally officially met!

Eleanor will begin using her powers more throughout these chapters so be ready for that as well.

xx pleuvoirx

edited 12/28/20