0.6

*

*

Waves crashed against the shoreline of La Push beach and a strong breeze shifted against the faces of everyone there. Eleanor's long brown hair flew around her shoulders while her blue eyes took in the gray scenery. La Push was one of her favorite places to go - she loved the beach and playing in the waves.

"Are you getting in the water, El?"

Eleanor turned to see Eric zipping up his wetsuit and nodded at him. "Yeah, I'm just waiting for a little bit."

Shouting sounded from further down the beach, causing Bella and Eleanor to look towards it. Three boys were making their way to the group, their long, black hair blowing behind them. Eleanor saw their tanned skin and tan skin and realized they were from the Reservation.

Bella surprised the girl by meeting them and pulling one of the boys into a hug. "What, are you stalking me now?"

"You're on my turf now, remember?" The boy teased back and Bella pushed him before motioning to her friends. "Guys, this is my friend Jacob Black."

"Hello." Jacob Black waved at them. He pointed to the two boys next to him. "And this is Quil and Embry."

Eleanor smiled at the boys. "You guys could keep Bella company while we're in the water."

"Yeah." Jessica laughed, leaning up against her sister. "Since her date bailed."

Eric and Mike broke away from their conversations and narrowed their eyes at Bella. "What date?"

"She invited Edward Cullen." Angela giggled, nudging a smirking Jessica.

Eleanor rolled her eyes, annoyed by how they were acting. "It's nice that she invited him. No one ever does."

"Probably 'cause he's a freak." Mike shot back with a laugh and Eleanor raised her middle finger to him.

The boy that Jacobhad introduced as Quil began to laugh at Mike and Eleanor turned to face him with a raised brow. He met her eyes and, with a mocking grin, said. "The Cullens' don't come here."

Quil's tone of voice had Eleanor wondering if he knew what the Cullens' were. The boy met her eyes, his smile wicked. Eleanor shot him a glare before standing up from her seat. "I'm going to change."

Angela followed her to the other side of the truck and leaned against the door as El began to change. She looked at the ground to give Eleanor her privacy. "Do you think Eric's going to ask Bella to prom?"