Trouble In The Egg

(forget the fact that Sally is in the picture)

Your POV:

Man, these robots are really taking their jobs seriously.

You slash through them and dodge some missiles. (Oh yes. You are equipped with your own sword.... Again. Forgot to mention. Can't have you weaponless and the sword is a pretty basic weapon. Don't worry. You can choose yours later). You see Sonic boosting through them causing them to fly like they're made of paper.
"Come on! Leave some for me you greedy hog!" you shout, pouting slightly at the blue hero.
"Sorry but keep up if you want to share," Sonic replies, smirking as he dashes through a row of robots. In a matter of time, the robots were all scraps of metal, giving the three of you time to enter.
"Phew... That was fun," you say as you run beside Sonic
"Yeah... I agree. Imagine if Metal was in this Egg... We'll be toast," Sonic says.
"It's like you actually want him to come," Amy says, looking at Sonic, who is carrying her.
"I do and don't. I do cause I want to have fun and beat them again. Don't because you girls are here and there's a chance I'll lose against all of them together," Sonic admits, looking forward
"Of course, I'm pretty sure that your ego would kill you first," you say, rolling your eyes.
"OHOHOHOHO!! I EXPECTED YOU TO COME HERE! NOW THIS PLACE WILL BE YOUR GRAVE!" a voice booms from a speaker.
"Are you kidding me?" Sonic says as a door closes behind us.
Suddenly, a blue blur charges at them. Due to instinct, Sonic pushes both you and Amy away and blocks the incoming enemy who turns to be....
"Metal?! Oh, so it's this Death Egg... Great..."
Sonic's robotic double stands in front of the original as they both stare each other off.
"Is that....?" you begin to ask.
"Yeah... That's Metal Sonic... Looks like you got your wish, Sonikku..." the pink hedgehog groans, summoning her magic hammer.
"Oh shut up and just stand back while I ram this guy to the ground," he replies, then charges at Metal. At that very moment, Metal suddenly glows blue and a large aura forms round it. Upon colliding, Sonic gets thrown back into a nearby wall and falls to to the ground.
"Ow..." He groans as he gets up. "What was..." His eyes suddenly widen as he looks at Metal again. "No way...."
"Wh-What? Can't you beat him...?" You ask, looking a bit scared since this was the first time you had actually gone on a real adventure. The only adventures you'd been on are exploring a certain forest on the outskirts of your town and video games. So this was all new and kinda surreal to you.
"It won't be easy... The power source of this Death Egg is in him... In other words, he's being powered by a Chaos Emerald... Defeating may mean the power would go out. But knowing Egghead, he has backup power... He's been keeping backups nowadays... " Sonic explains while keeping an eye on Metal.
"Oh good... Just what we need... More complications... Didn't Tails say no trouble...?" You groan, looking slightly annoyed now.
"Yes. But as I said as well, coming here is trouble enough..." He replies as he pulls out the blue Chaos Emerald you had before and it starts glowing in his hand, emitting s blue aura round him. "Hey Ames, up for a Croquette Bomber?"
"Hehe... You asked for it, Sonic, don't blame me if you can't handle it," the pink hedgehog replies, smirking as her hammer appears in her hand. You can't help but shift away slightly. That hammer is somewhat intimidating. Especially in the hands of Amy Rose.
"I can handle anything, just aim at Metal me," he says as he charges a spin dash, glowing even more as the Chaos Emerald seemingly give him more power. Amy then hits him with her hammer at full force, sending him flying at the metallic villain. This time, Metal boosted at him and clashed with him. Both stuck in a contest of strength as neither seemed to be moving, sparks flying and dust rising as the two still stay unseparated. You suddenly have an idea and run towards them, sword drawn.
"Y/n! What are you doing?!" Amy yells as she runs after you. You ignore her and slide under Metal, stabbing your sword into the core, his chest, where the Chaos Emerald is. Almost instantly, Sonic uncurls and slams Metal to the ground with an axe kick and Amy, who happened to be chasing you, was in the right position to send Metal flying with her hammer, which she did. You get up and look at Metal, who is sparking like crazy, but still manages to get up but Sonic runs at him and rains a number of combos on it before ending it with a straight spin dash through the already damaged core, causing the Chaos Emerald installed in the robot of destruction to react and due to a surge in power, Metal Sonic explodes into pieces of metal, bolts and metallic limbs. The blue blur grabs the other Emerald and grins.
"One down, two more to go!" Amy cheers.
Suddenly, a loud crash is heard as a Mecha Sonic lands in front of the three of you, red eyes glowing.
"Come on!! Seriously??!!" You complain as you get ready for another fight but a pair of arms grab both you and Amy as it heads straight through the space Mecha Sonic made and starts heading to the exit, the killer robot on your trail.
"S-Sonic?! What's going on?" You ask, clearly flustered since you didn't expect it.
"We have what we came for. I promised myself I won't let anything happen to you two. By the way, what you did back there was risky. But it saved the day. Thanks, but don't that again..." he replies in a slightly stern, glancing back  and increasing speed.
"O-Okay.... I won't..." You say, sighing softly. 
He actually sounds serious....
He gets to the plane and drops both you and Amy in it.
"Start the plane and let's get out of here," he says, looking back. You manage to start the plane and start to takeoff when Mecha Sonic bounds towards you at full speed.
"We won't make it. He'll hit us before we take off," Amy looks back as she says it.
In a flash, Sonic drops the Emeralds with you and Amy and jumps to the robot, kicking it back and lands on his feet.
"SONIC!" you and Amy yell at the same time.
"Don't worry about me! Just get out of here!" He commands as he starts to face off with the robot. "I'll catch up somehow!"
Much to your dismay, the plane finally takes off at full speed and flies out of the Egg. Then some minutes later, the worst thing happened. The Egg's eyes began to flicker, glowing red.
"BACKUP POWER HAS FAILED! DAMAGE SUSTAINED IN THE MAIN CONTROL ROOM! SELF DESTRUCTING IN 10... 9... 8... 7...6... 5..."
Your eyes widen in shock as you hear the announcement from the Death Egg.
"4..."
"No... He'll escape, right...?"you ask, looking at Amy with wide eyes.
"3..."
"I-I don't know!" She responds, looking at the Egg in hope and worry.
"2..."
You decide to turn the plane back to the Death Egg.
"1..."
"Sonic! No!" You yell as you head at full speed to the Egg. But it explodes, the impact rendering your plane temporarily out of control. You manage to stabilize it but looks at destroyed Death Egg in disbelief. No sign of the blue blur anywhere. You shake your head and lightly slaps your cheeks, hoping it was all a dream. But here it was, still right in front of you. Evidence clear it wasn't a dream.
"No.... Sonic...." Amy gasps, tears forming.
You turn the plane around and head back to the planet, tears also forming in your eyes. You refuse to believe he is really gone but it seemed impossible. You hear Amy crying behind you but you still manage to stay strong.
"Someone has to be strong out of the two of us... So I can't allow myself to cry.... Yet..."  You tell yourself, suddenly worrying about what his friends will say. The hero of the planet, Sonic the Hedgehog, is gone....

6.86K views?! I would never have even dreamt this will happen!! Thank you! Thank you so much! I'm sorry I haven't really been updating. Haven't been on this account for a while. So when I decided to check it out again, I saw so many people adding this to their reading list and stuff. People wanting me to update. I'm honestly happy and sad at the same time. Sad cuz I haven't been paying this story much attention. I'm sorry. So I'll try my best to update more.
-Sonic T. Hedgehog