Chapter 1

Chapter 1

This chapter is dedicated to the sweet and lovely reader of my stories @gigibear101.

THE HANDSOME MAN

Diana Thomas's POV

I feel sun rays falling on my cheek suddenly. Mom must have opened the curtains of my room. My palm instantly went to my cheek to protect it from the harsh heat. I turn to another side as I want to sleep more. Moaning lightly, I pull the blanket up over my head to block the sun.

"Good morning, Baby girl! Wake up! It's Monday morning." She pulls the blanket off me and I toss around like a kid.

"Mom, please. Just five more minutes." I plead and try to sleep.

"It's seven thirty sweetie. You have to go to the office. I don't want you to skip breakfast." She says as he stands up from my bed and leaves the room.

I groan and stand up. Office. I hate it. That bastard Kyle is going to be there. I hate him so much. He tried to molest me last Friday. It is becoming harder and harder each day to bear him. He went too far this time. He is the head of the Human Resource department. I work under him. I am going to complain about him to the high authority today, to our C. E. O.

Everyone thinks he is a perfect person, but only I know the true face behind that mask that Kyle wears every day. I know it's going to be hard and the C. E. O might not believe it, but I have to at least try and prove my point.

I groan and move out of the bed before going to the bathroom.

"Are you sure you want to go back?" Micheal asked. We are having breakfast and I am chewing on my bread. Kurt, his boyfriend has joined us as well. Mom is sitting beside me.

"Yes. I am sure. I want to teach him a lesson." I say strictly. "At least I want to try."

"You can do it, Diana. Don't worry. Everything must be taken care of by now." Kurt says and I look at him confused not understanding what he is talking about.

"Taken care by now? How? No one knows." I am truly confused. I see Micheal giving him a look and mom silently eating her omelette.

"He means that in the sense... In the sense of... That everything will be all right." Micheal says and I smile at him not wanting to prolong it.

"Okay. I will go now." I stand up and take my bag. "I want to have coffee on the way to the office."

"Bye, sweetie." "Bye, sis" "Bye". Mom, Micheal and Kurt say at the same time. I open the front door.

"Bye." I close the door and take a cab to the coffee shop. I feel a bit nervous as I think about how to approach the C. E. O. Maybe I should relax. I should think about something else.

I sit back relaxingly in the back seat of the taxi and pull out my phone. I go through the contacts in the phone and there I am stuck at the MM. I have called that number once and even spoke but there was no response from the other side. I thought to just not think about it, but I can't stop myself.

I shake my head at myself. Maybe it's not that important. It's just a contact, Diana. You have other things to worry about. I put the phone back in my bag and sigh. It's been six months. Everything around looks same, but nothing around me feels the same. Something changed. It's true that I have lost my memory of two years, but I feel like I lost something.

Maybe that's just how one might feel when they lose their memory. I don't know how to explain the feeling of something that deep down hurting me badly. Don't know why. It frustrates me. It makes me want to know what happened these two years.