184

2012

2012

Harry Styles

I nervously walked up to the front steps of the town library, feeling my stomach turn and my hands shake as I grab the steel bar handles that opened the large cherry wood doors.

Today was the day- a day I've been pushing off for far too long now.

The familiar smell of old pages and rugged carpets filled my senses as I walked in the place I spent every afternoon. I didn't go to school today, only because I needed to spend the day hyping myself up to ask Adrian's mom something. It seemed absolutely insane for me to ask her to adopt my sister and I, but I had to do it for Elizabeth. If anyone would adopt us, it would be Mary. The foster bitch is probably gonna freak out that I didn't show up at school today but I didn't care- because if Mary agrees to this then Elizabeth and I will be free.

God I wish we could finally be free.

I walked into the library and scanned my eyes through the large floor, it was pretty dead in here- but it always was. I surfaced my eyes until they landed on Mary at the checkout desk, scanning books and dividing them into piles.

I released a nervous sigh and walked over to where Mary was peacefully organizing. Her hair was falling in a loose bun and she wore that same grey cardigan. She looks more like a librarian every day I swear.

Ever step I took felt like a mile but eventually I reached the desk where she stood. I stood their for a moment with a dry throat and sweaty palms, waiting for her to notice me standing there.

"Oh Harry hi!" She smiles lightly, doing a double take when noticing I was there. "Adrian said you weren't at school today. How come?" She asks while stamping some of the books.

"I-I just didn't feel well." I murmur an excuse, hearing my heart beat in nerves.

"Oh sorry to hear that. You look better though." She smiles lightly.

"Yeah um I feel better." I scratch the back of my neck.

"Adrian is just in the graphic novel section." She directs her eyes to the aisles at the other end.

"Oh, no I'm not here for him. I was wondering if I could actually talk to you for a second?" I ask with shakiness in my voice.

She arches her brow and shuts the book she was stamping.

"Talk to me?" She asks in confusion.

"Y-yeah just for a second. I need to ask you something." I rub my hand back through my messy locks.

"Is everything okay? Do you need me to forge a detention slip for you again?" She laughs a bit- knowing she's done that for me numerous times in the past so my foster bitch doesn't find out.

"No, no." I clear my throat. "Kinda something bigger then that." I murmur.

She leans on the table and rests her chin on her palm that was propped by her elbow- looking a bit concerned.