Chapter 3

I clung to Dane tightly, crying and shaking. He held me close and rubbed my back to soothe me. I began to slowly calm down.

After staying like that for a minute Dane pulled back slightly and looked down at me. "Daddy?"

Oh shit.

"I-I'm sorry..." I looked down and pulled away.

He brushed my hair out of my face and cupped my cheek in his warm hand. "Ev, have you ever had a daddy before?"

I shook my head and avoided eye contact with him, it was so embarrassing.

He looked over my face, as if he was studying me. He held my face in his hand and gently moved me so I was looking at him.

"Would you like to be mine?" His eyes were soft and sincere. I didn't know how to react.

I opened my mouth to respond, but was cut short by a loud crack of thunder. I jumped and clung to Dane, burying my face in his chest. He held me close and kissed the top of my head.

"Yes, I wanna be your little..." Dane rubbed my back to soothe me and layed us down.

"Okay little one, you can sleep in here with me tonight. Sound good?" He played with my hair gently, sending waves of calm through me.

I nodded and snuggled close to his warm torso.

Through the night he soothed me after each crack of thunder, telling me he wouldn't let anything hurt me. I was so grateful for him. I felt like I owed him so much.

Eventually, I drifted off into a deep sleep.

••••••••••••

I woke up in the bed alone, I sat up and pouted. I grabbed my elephant and clutched him to my chest.

I got out of the bed and slowly shuffled around. I was cold and hungry.

I smelt bacon and followed the scent, Dane was in the kitchen with two take out boxes. He was in some light-washed jeans and a black shirt that had paint stains on it.

"Yew weft me awone." I pouted and held my elephant tighter.

He turned around and smiled, "I just went to grab us breakfast sweet boy, I think you deserve a huge breakfast." He picked me up and I smiled.

I just wanted that damn bacon.

I layed my head on his shoulder as he poured me a sippy cup of apple juice. He carried me to the breakfast bar and sat me down. I kicked my legs playfully and sipped my juice.

Dane set the huge plate of pancakes, eggs and bacon in front of me. Usually I had a slim Jim and red bull for breakfast, my mouth began to water.

He handed me a fork and I dug in. The pancakes were so fluffy and buttery, I smiled and shoved some bacon into my mouth.

I felt a wet nose poke my foot, I looked down to see Pipsqueak. He just wanted some bacon! I looked over at Dane, he was eating and working on his laptop. I got a piece of bacon and tossed it to pip.

I giggled as he ate it up in just one bite. Dane looked up at me and I smiled innocently before finishing my food.

"Daney, may Pip an I go pway outtide?" I looked at him with the biggest puppy dog eyes I could muster.

He smiled, "Okay cutie, but don't get too dirty. After I finish this paperwork I'm taking you shopping."

I nodded and giggled, I ran outside with Pip on my heels. I found a frisbee and tossed it, Pip caught it in his mouth and I squealed with delight.

The weather was pretty nice, considering there was a storm last night. It was still a bit foggy and gross, but the sun was poking through. I was tempted to go play in the mud.

I pouted and decided not to, Dane would be mad. I sat on the patio and kept tossing the frisbee for Pipsqueak.

I felt arms wrap around my waist and lift me up. I looked up at Dane, "I didn't do it."

He raised an eyebrow as he set me on his hip, "Oh really now?"

I nodded and smiled innocently, snuggling against his chest. I looked up at him with my big puppy dog eyes.

"Hmmm, okay." He smiled and walked us into the house. We went into my room and he set me in the crib, trapping me in.

I pouted and watched him through the bars. He had a bag that he put some snacks, a sippy cup, an extra pair of clothes and a paci in. He then pulled out a Bring me the Horizon t-shirt and some black skinny jeans.

He slid the side down and picked me up. He set me down and looked at me for a second, "May I change you?"

I was about to say yes, but then I realized I couldn't. My body was too scarred and I still had some pretty fresh self-harm. "I-I wan do mysewf pwease..."

He looked kind of disappointed, but nodded and walked out. I quickly changed, I didn't even want to see my own body. I seriously doubted he wanted to see how ugly I was.

After I changed I got Mr. Elephant and clutched him to my chest. "Daaaneyyy!!"

He poked his head in and smiled, "Okay buddy, let's go shopping!" I giggled as he scooped me up and held me with one arm as he used his free hand to get the bag.

He walked us out to the car and put me in the back seat. "I wanna sit up fwont!" I looked up at him, hurt.

"You're too little to sit up front sweet boy." He buckled me in and I pouted, clutching my stuffie to my chest.

He shut my door and went around to the driver's side. He got in and started it up.

"If you're on your best behavior you can have a treat." He pulled out of the drive and I squealed with joy. I snuggled up with my stuffie and looked out the window.

I watched the trees go by as we made our way to the mall. I felt really happy, nobody had ever treated me this well. I had been abused by every man I'd ever been with, I just got used to it. The beatings and screaming. That was what I believed to be love.

I sighed and watched a bird fly around. I had also been involved in a gang before, when I dated the leader. I was only 17 at that time, I already knew I was a little but I kept it secret.

I had multiple stab wounds from all sorts of fights over the years, but I only had one gunshot wound. Eric, the gang leader I dated, was in the middle of some huge drug deal. The other guys wanted him to prove his loyalty. That nothing would hold him back.

So he shot me in the chest.

I had gotten lucky that he shot me in the right side, so he didn't hit my heart. Dane was the one to save me from that. The police got there before the ambulance so he had applied pressure until they did.

Every time something big happened, Dane always seemed to be the first cop there. Like he knew it was me.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt the car stop. We were here, I set Mr. Elephant down and got out of the car. Dane walked over to me and smiled, "Ready to go bud?"

I nodded and he took my hand, I was no longer in little space but I wasn't going to tell him that.

We walked into the mall and he led me to a very cutesy shop. "Little one, I want you to pick out clothes for when you're in little space."

I nodded and looked around, Dane following me with the cart. I found some cute little shirts, I got about five long sleeved ones with all sorts of designs. I got about 5 more short sleeved ones with cute designs and wandered around.

I didn't really like any of the pants or shorts I was finding. I sighed and looked around some more. I perked up when I found some long jean overalls. I picked out some black ones and some dark blue ones.

I also picked out a new sippy cup, a set of pacifiers and some pacifier clips.

"All done," I smiled at Dane and he nodded. We headed to the checkout, but I was stopped dead in my tracks by what I saw.

Eric.