R e u n i o n s

Chapter 8: Reunions
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Baekhyun saw the world as it was and not what it could be or could've been, starkly constraining the gaze Chanyeol had when they locked eyes by accident, which was full of hope and wonder. Looking away, the male turned his focus on the Professor, jotting keywords but never full sentences down into his notes. The majority of his own major requirements were fulfilled, and by luck, he had chosen an upper division Statistic course elective that happened to be an actual requirement Chanyeol needed for his own path.

After lecture had ended, Baekhyun waited by the end of the front row for Chanyeol to join him before they began to follow the string of students exiting the hall through the back way. It was atypical for him to do so, which only signaled to the giant that the latter needed something from him.

"Do you have plans right around this time?"

Quickly glancing down, Chanyeol couldn't read the expression on Baekhyun's face. If it was sex he wanted, then he wasn't being as straightforward as he usually was. Then again, the invitation always came through in text messages and never in person.

"I only have lab after four. Why?"

"I remember you telling me you have a car. Mind if you drive me somewhere right now?"

"Where?"

"A friend's place," Baekhyun answered, eyes facing forward as he held the door open long enough for Chanyeol to pass through before letting go. "It's for business."

Part of him begged to turn a blind eye, but Chanyeol couldn't help himself. "Is this for school or is it for personal reasons?" he asked, not bothering to mask the jealousy hinted in his voice.

"Depends on what you consider personal." The smirk on Baekhyun's face was playful, and yet it was teasing in a way that he knew that his words were enough to prick the football player's patience. "If it makes you feel better, I'll compensate you. With money, of course."

When he was returned with silence, Baekhyun frowned. "Hey--"

Chanyeol was intent on making it to the parking lot without Baekhyun distracting him or, in the very least, feeling annoyed, but the task had proven itself to be difficult. Stopping, he turned his body, looming over the latter the moment he felt those finger tips brush against his arm. "Fine."

"Really?" Baekhyun sounded almost as if he didn't expect the positive answer.

"Yeah. But stop trying to piss me off," Chanyeol said, leaning close to Baekhyun's face. "I know what you're doing."

"Asking for a ride?"

Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol began walking again, spotting his car in the distance. The coyness in the latter's character didn't go unnoticed. "You play with me too much."

"And isn't that what you love? When I play with you? You don't seem to mind it in bed."

The smile on Baekhyun's lips was tantalizing, and Chanyeol wanted nothing more than to pull him in by the hair for a kiss. But he couldn't. He knew how much Baekhyun hated any form of public affection, regardless of the person, and he knew that he wasn't an exception to that rule. There wasn't a single reason why he would be an exception to any one of Byun Baekhyun's rules.

Ignoring the comment, Chanyeol turned back around and began to approach his car.
Unlocking the doors, he walked around the front in order to reach the driver's side, and by the time he had sat in, Baekhyun was already patiently waiting for the latter to settle.

After a few moments of silence, Chanyeol shoved the keys into the ignition. The vehicle tumbled, sounding as if it found itself in a struggling against its own mechanics before, finally, the smooth, stable sound of the engine began. "Send me over this guy's address," he said, sounding reluctant.

Though he noticed Chanyeol's hesitation, Baekhyun decided to look off, staring outside the window of the man's car in order to avoid the look in his eyes when he responded with Kris' new address.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Quick update before I go off to the PH!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz