¤ We Break ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

¤ Killian ¤

Pale,

Bloodied,

And dead.

The former Luna's bare body laid hauntingly on the forest ground with her crimson hair thrown everywhere in a chaotic disorder. And on her neck laid the unforgiving damage of Valerie's wrath, the bite set so deep that it almost decapitated the female's head.

Celeste's eyes were open upon her death, and the icy color of them had lost their glare, replaced by the permanent mark of fear that seemed to point directly at me.

She had already been dead by the time I arrived at the scene, and Valerie's wolf made a swift escape to the North before I even had the chance to see her.

The stench of blood was enough to sting my senses, and I turned my head away from the sight before bringing my eyes to Heath who sat on a log with his elbows resting on his knees and his hands tightly clasped together.

"Azeil already picked up on her death by now," Heath said, the muscles on his jaw working as he tried to collect the proper words amidst his rage, "There's no questioning that he'll be out for Valerie's throat and I can promise you that he'll stop at nothing at doing just that."

"I won't stop him," I said nonchalantly, "but I can't promise that I'll spare his life one more time if he hurts her again."

The Beta's features were hard as he observed the female's corpse, he looked like he wanted to say something, but he shook his head before pinning Amell down with eyes that were all too murderous.

"Send that dumbfuck into the penitentiary section," Heath told the other three werewolves, his words pressured as he spoke with a flash of teeth. And they were quick to obey his order, moving in a haste as they easily caught his threat.

Even from the distance, Valerie's turmoil was ringing through my head, the emotion so raw that I stood still on my ground as her pain quickly became my own. She was condemning herself for the death that she had caused, the weight of her guilt sending a painful ache to my chest,

And I could feel her fleetingly breaking apart on her own as she branded herself as the murderer.

"This can't happen again. She already killed one of our own and there's no denying that she'll do it again if someone else tries to cross the line," Heath told me cautiously, "I'm telling you this as a Beta. I saw her wolf and it's way beyond anyone's power to make it listen, which is why it's best that you keep her under your radar when she can lose herself at any given moment."

I clenched my jaw and refused the urge to release a snarl as his statement alone managed to hit a nerve.

"I'm going after her," I said, giving Heath a look that warned him of his words, and his eyes instinctively went down to meet the ground beneath his feet.