Target 23 - Morning

As dawn came up on a new, fresh day, Vongola mansion and its guests began to rise from their sleepless night at the luxurious family home.

The den of serpents which lived in the mansion by day also began to wake from their slumber, powdering on layers of make-up, fixing their formal dress attire which they wore every day and put on their plastic smiles to lure in unsuspecting prey.

Humble maids and classy butlers bustled around the large home, using hidden passageways which were accessible through the walls as to not litter the halls with their unneeded presence.

These passageways were built in for easy yet unknown access by family members in case a raid or attack should happen- some of the passageways lead to rooms and others lead outside to the gardens, both front and back.

Since their creation three hundred and sixty five years ago, when the Vongola mansion was rebuilt after an unexplained fire was lit (the case files will tell you it was arson and not inflicted by any inside forces), several of the passageways have been locked off.

The fifth Vongola boss was the one who locked them away, kept them hidden- they claimed it was because of the damage and instability of those hidden corridors.

No one has been able to find the entrances to those passageways since Vongola Quinto had made everyone who knew anything about them, vow to never speak of them again.

Most of the rooms were soundproofed, besides the kitchen, dining room and ball room which were the only exceptions.

This made it easier for the family and workers to run from the threat, as they would hear not a single sound from the outside world. This was still risky, however, as you could not hear anything from the rooms either.

They would not be able to hear if anyone was in the room they wanted to enter, so the safest bet would be to leave from the outside or use one of the passages to get to the vast, closed off attic.

That passage was also locked away, as if Vongola Quinto was hiding a secret up there that he didn't want anyone to find out about.

This could be just as he claimed as well; the insilation in the attic was beginning to flood the passages with the dust and particles from it, making many become very itchy, inside and out from inhaling it.

Probable.

In the kitchen, the chefs have been working since four o'clock in the morning to cook enough food and bake enough desserts to be able to satisfy every guest staying at the mansion.

The food was made with the best and freshest products- the chefs go out to the markets at least once, maybe twice, every week and pay with the money they were given by the head of the household, or just to pick up orders.

Of course, not everyone could be so easily fulfilled but the chefs always tried their very best, 110% every day and they always managed to make the day-to-day residents happy with their cooking.

A couple of the guests have been awake for a while, and sat at the dining table with their refreshments. One particular woman sat near the head of the table, perhaps three or four seats away from the throne-like head chair

The woman had wispy, platinum blonde hair which was combed back into a messy bun, some of her naturally wavy hair framing her pasty face.

She was clearly quite curvy, her crossed legs only further accentuating these curves (not that it was needed). Her eyes were a honey brown, something that she shared with her great nephew, and her skin was surprisingly smooth and clear.

She had laugh wrinkles near her mouth and light crows feet in the outer corners of her eyes, but she still looked stunning regardless. The blonde was sipping on her cup of tea, leaving a slight imprint of her nude lipstick where her lips met the pristine, white porcelain.