Chapter Twenty-Nine - You and Me Against the World

The sun was beginning to set by the time my sisters had convinced me to search for her, but the guilt was eating and pestering me. A fire burned in my mind and throat. I had to see her- try to make things better. I can't believe I did what I did, I was just so mad! Ripping my tricorne hat from atop my head, I forcefully threw it on the deep red, double bed that we once shared and my legs carried me to the chest of draws as I gripped tightly to the edge. I could feel my fingertips press against the dark wood and my scabbed knuckles became a pale white.

"Why did you do it?" CJ questioned me from the doorway, her long honey coloured hair was braided and now flowed down her left shoulder, she had also detached her pirate hat just as I had and held it by her side.

"I don't know, CJ I've ruined everything!" I growled, smashing my hand onto the table and causing everything to plummet towards the ground, clattering and clamouring across the wooden floor.

I could hear her begin to wander into my room, harsh footsteps approaching me, I knew that she was disappointed with me, she was my little sister and one of the closest friends with my girlfriend. But not anymore, she left and now I have scared her away for good, I never meant for any of this to happen- I still love her.

"Maybe you haven't, maybe there is still time for you to talk to her before she shuts herself away again. We both know that girls is as tough as nails and as stubborn as you, she thinks you hate her Harry, go and prove her wrong."

I turned from where I was facing my desk and grabbed my hat, I swiftly muttered a thank you to my little sister as I departed from the ship in a chance to find Ellie. Where would she go?

I noticed a small, purple pirate hat laid on the second dock where my sister's ship was anchored, why did she leave it? We gave it to her when she first joined the crew as a symbol of our trust and companionship. I don't think that she would have travelled too far because all her life she has lived within this small part of the isle, hopefully it won't take too long to find her once more- I can't believe I ever let her leave again.

Deciding that I would start my search on the outskirts and move inwards, beginning where I first met her, on the small beach between Maleficent's part of the isle and the docks. It seems like forever has passed since that day... I miss her.

But as I came into view of the sea, I spotted a head of black and purple hair- supporting the Maleficent name.

"You shouldn't be here" I announced my present to the fragile framed young girl affront of me, I lifted my body over the cracked and fragmented sea wall and stood next to her on the mud, large sediment creaking and groaning under my feat as I came to a halt. I knew that I had looked like a mess, but so did she; her favourite laced leggings were covered in scrapes, coated in a light layer of mud from her position on the floor and tucked into a pair of scuffed and rough pair of leather combat boots that she has owned for a while but had always tried to take care of them however now they have been ripped open and laces unravelled. She was no longer wearing her pirate coat and miniscule goose bumps coated her revealed skin, she's going to freeze out here without another layer but all of her clothes are either on The Jolly Roger or at Bargain Castle and knowing how stubborn Ellie is, she will not be retrieving them anytime soon.

"This is no man's land, Melanie-" But I was cut off

"I know, I know. The beach between the street to Bargain Castle and Uma's territory, this is the first place we met. Do you remember?" It came out as a barely audible mutter but I would always listen to her, I'd tone everything else out just to here another syllable that escaped that girl's mouth. After days of her being locked away on another island I'd give anything just to spend another fraction of time with her, I know that the hard exterior I show creates a mirage that I do not care but below that? It kills me to know that is what she believes I think of her, I have to look the way I do. It is how you survive on the isle. Everybody knows that.

"I was wearing a little brown dress that I stole from my sister. That night, it had rained and rained, the beach was water-logged and some of the sodden mud had flicked up at the trim." Of course I remember that night, the night where I spotted an alone and miniscule pale girl with long, lavender hair that suited one of a princess. I had never seen such a sight before, she instantly caught my eye.

"I tried ever so hard not to ruin it but when a larger, stronger boy knocked me over the whole thing was wrecked, but you offered me the deal of a lifetime."

The relentless wind whipped at Melanie's body as she pulled her light body from where she was situated, the misty darkness enveloping this rural beach and rapidly announcing the time that was being taken from us.

"I thought you'd want this" I spoke, glancing between Ellie and the hat that was tightly gripped in my left hand before gently throwing the accessory towards her- hoping that she would just accept and run back into my open arms.

But of course that would be too simple.

"I'm not a pirate, Harry. I have no crew, no family. Pirates are like wolves- they travel in packs but I've been exiled for a cause that wasn't up to me." I wanted to tell her how she wasn't alone, how I would always be there for her but my body prevented me, I just couldn't.

"You'll die out here, you don't have a place to go" I muttered, knowing that if I speak any louder I'll crack, I'll break down and just beg her to come home, to return to me.

"Well I thought that was what you wanted" Just as the words escaped her lips I could tell she regretted it. It's entirely my fault. I shouldn't have blown up, I should have listened to my sisters, hear her out. I couldn't do anything but watch as she slowly approached my position, the soft sent of a lingering perfume filled the air and I could see the dried remains of tears that coated her soft cheeks. She let my locket drop into her palm- the last reminder of what we had.

"It was going to be you and me against the world"

"We don't get happy endings. Goodbye Harry" She spoke, handing it to me and retreating from the beach.

______________________

I agree, I am very mean. Just a little filler before I introduce the new character/ characters. Hmmm, what could that imply?
Anon x