Chapter 48 Part 1

Six months later...

ALEXIS

"He's so cute, Sasha," I cooed, rocking her baby back and forth. She smiled at me tiredly, "He better be. He takes after his mama."

I raised an eyebrow and studied the baby's face carefully, "Gee, I don't know. He definitely has Antonio's eyes and mouth. "

She huffed and stuffed another handful of chips into her mouth, "Fudge you, I just want to leave the hospital already."

I shook my head in amusement and just stared at the little one in my arms - I was definitely having baby fever. Hudson and I agreed to wait a while for pups, but I was starting to think that I was ready for one. After all, we had made that decision a few months ago. Things were bound to change. 

"When do you have to go back again?" Sasha asked, scrolling through her phone rapidly. 

I pursed my lips, "Tomorrow. I would have stayed longer, but I've got some stuff to take care of. There have been several people moving between packs so I have to keep track and account for all of them."

She nodded, "Well, thanks for coming down here for my delivery. I know I wasn't the easiest woman in labor to deal with."

"Well, you were in pain. Besides,  I think Antonio had it worse. You yelled at the poor man five times because he kept telling you to relax."

"How can a woman relax when there's something bigger than a watermelon coming out of her hole? Just wait till you get pregnant. Speaking of which, why aren't you pregnant?" She glared at me accusingly. 

I frowned and placed the baby back in the crib, "What do you mean by that?"

She rolled her eyes, "Are you telling me that Hudson is careful every single time? I highly doubt it. When Antonio and I first mated, we ended up sticking a sign above the bed that said 'USE A DAMN CONDOM' so we would remember to use protection." 

I blinked, "That's a......creative way to remember."

"The point is," she said loudly, "I think you should be pregnant by now."

If only I was. Just the thought of having a pup and loving him or her made my heart warm. My wolf would be ecstatic, and I was sure Hudson's wolf would be too.

"I wish I was," I sighed, "But I started my period just this morning."

Sasha hummed in response but continued to study me like I was a specimen until my mom walked in, "How's our new mommy doing? Do you need anything?"

She shook her head, "Nothing at all, Mrs. Carter. I'm just eating some snacks. All that pushing has me famished."

My mom chuckled and checked on the baby, "What were you two ladies talking about?"

"Just about how Alexis should be pregnant," Sasha replied as if this was a normal conversation. I glared at her, causing her to smirk.

My mom stopped her examination of the baby and looked up at me weirdly. I shrugged and pretended to be occupied by organizing some of the medical equipment. I could feel their eyes on my back.

"Why don't you take a pregnancy test?" I heard Sasha ask.

I frowned and turned back around, "I'm on my period, Sasha. Taking a test would be a was–"

"No, I agree with her," My mom interrupted, "Take a test."

What part of 'I am bleeding from my vagina like I always do every month' did they not understand?