The Red Dress

( A/N : SMUT WARNING!!!!

Do not read if you don't want to! - mostly because I cannot write smut to save my life but hey-ho, I warned ya, Love H x )

___________

"How do I look?" I smiled, smoothing out my dress with my hands as I descended down the staircase in the boarding house.

My dress cascaded down to my ankles, red as blood, deep and intense as ever. My hair was straight, for once, usually it was too stubborn to manage. And yet, tonight, it worked. I had a dark smokey eye decorating my lids, after all these years, makeup was never my strong point. But i felt good. For the first time in a long time, I felt good.

I continued down the stairs, concentrating on not falling in my heels. I didn't notice the look in Damon's eyes when he saw me.

If I had, I would have understood what Caroline meant.

I would have realised that it wasn't the cheesy, stereotypical stare. It was the sheer vulnerability in his gaze. The undeniable truth laid bare, that underneath all of the snark, impulsiveness and the supernatural nonsense that had plagued both of our lives, he was in love.

But I didn't see it. I didn't realise what it meant.

When I glanced back up, he was simply smiling back at me. A genuine smile.
"Red" he mumbled, just as I reached the bottom of the staircase. His usual teasing tone nowhere to be found. "You look... perfect". It was my turn to smile then, a wide grin spreading across my face as my cheeks darkened, matching the hue of my dress.
"So do you" I replied softly as he stepped towards me. I half expected some sort of sardonic quip in response. But none came. He simply continued smiling, reaching me, and placed his hands on my waist.

He leaned in slowly, attempting to stop smiling as his lips met mine. I kissed him back, longingly, before pulling away slightly. I watched him, his eyes still closed, lean forward still, his lips following my own. I kissed him quickly, before leaning back again, letting him follow me once more.
"You're killing me here, Grace" he murmured. This game continues a moment, before he shook his head, smirking, and pushed me back against the wall. "But we both know I'm way better at playing dirty" he whispered, kissing me again, harder this time.

It was my turn to push him back then, his back hitting the wall by the staircase as I gripped onto his jacket.
"Really? I'm stronger than you, Damon, so I'd think twice about that" I teased, leaning in, my lips grazing against his, before I pulled back, smiling innocently.
"Oh, it's on" he groaned. With that, he picked me up, my legs wrapping around his midsection instinctively as my dress hitched up. I could feel his hands on my bare legs now, cold, making me shiver slightly as my skin burned with intention. In a flash, I felt myself fall back, my head hitting something soft. My eyes adjusted, realising I was on Damon's bed.

Damon knelt infront of me, pulling his jacket off hastily, before his eyes locked onto mine once more.
"Who's winning now?" He asked, his blue eyes piercing into my own. I sat up, now kneeling opposite him, a small smile playing on my lips as my hands travelled teasingly from his thigh to his chest.

It was slower now, intense. The smile dropping from his face as he realised it wasn't a game anymore. Damon leaned in, kissing me repeatedly, before pulling back again, forehead resting against my own.
"As much as I love this dress..." he said, before kissing slowly along my shoulders and collar bone. "It really has to go" he paused, looking at me darkly, a smirk spreading across his face. "I'd hate to ruin it".

I nodded at that, biting my lip slightly as his hands travelled up my arms to the delicate straps at my shoulders. He paused a moment, as if waiting for me to object, before he slipped them down leaving me bare and exposed.
"You sure you wanna do this, Red?" Damon asked, tilting his head slightly as I pulled the rest of my dress off.
"Damon" I breathed. "I want this, I want you".
"Hmm, Say that again" he murmured, cupping my face gently with a smirk.
"I want you" I said, grabbing his shirt, ripping it open as I did so. "I want you". I heard Damon hum in approval as we undressed eachother, his eyes never leaving me. "I want you" I whispered, for a third and final time, a grin spreading across both of our faces.

"Lie back, baby" I heard him say. My head hit the pillows once more, my eyes travelling down to where he still knelt. He truly was a sight to behold. His fingers trailed along my inner thigh, pushing my legs apart slightly, before he sighed. "I lied y'know" he chuckled softly. "Now you look perfect".

I could feel myself flush with embarrassment at that, a soft smile still on Damon's face. He leans down then, kissing up my thigh, pausing, before continuing up to my stomach, smirking into my skin as I bucked my hips upwards desperately.

"Damon" I whined. "please".
"Hm, what was that?" he hummed teasingly as he continued trailing his lips up my chest, pinning my hands above my head as he did so.
"I want you to - oh" I say quietly, surprise taking over as his lips connect with my neck. "Yes" i groaned, my hands clenching as his tongue trailed along my sweet spot.

"Bite me" I whispered, making him pause. He pulled back a moment, his eyes dark with lust as he held himself above me. A smirk tugged at his lips as he nodded, before he went back down once more. I felt his fangs pierce my skin, whimpering slightly. I heard him moan as he drank from me, my mouth forming a silent 'o' as he pulled back once more. My blood coated his mouth and dripped down his chin, a fanged smile still plastered on his face.
"Delicious" he teased.

It was then that I sat up sharply, my hands cupping his face gently before I kissed him once more. It was hungry this time, passionate. I could taste the metallic tang of my blood on his lips, driving my need further. I kissed along his jaw, down his neck, before I bit into him, groaning at the euphoric taste of his blood.

I pulled back a moment, before I switched our positions in a flash. He was under me now, my legs straddling him. I could feel him underneath me, making me blush further than I already was, my chest heaving as he looked at me knowingly, his hands roaming across my body. I leaned over, my hands travelling down his stomach, our lips joining once more as I moaned into him, the taste of both our blood on our tongues.

I could feel his desire, as he could feel mine. Any doubts or reservations I had before, were nowhere to be found. If I wasn't certain of how I felt, I certainly was now.

I was completely and utterly in love with Damon.

______________

(A/N : Hey guys, thanks for reading! Smut clearly isn't my strong point but oh well, I wanted to write some, oops. Also, 4K reads is crazy to me, considering I was expecting a solid zero lmao. So yeah, thanks guys, much love!
- H)