0.7

*

*

Wind whipped through Eleanor's hair when she stepped out of Jess's car before looking around at her surroundings. Her, Jess, Angela, and Bella had made plans to go to Port Angeles to look for prom dresses. Though Eleanor wasn't going to prom, she wanted to spend the day with her friends. El had no interest in going to prom, preferring to spend time by herself instead.

Bella wasn't going either. Supposedly she was going to Jacksonville to visit her mom and stepdad but Eleanor believed it was because Edward hadn't asked her. Bella had only tagged along to go to a book store.

Eleanor watched as Jessica twirled around in a hot pink dress. "That looks good on you, Jess!" Eleanor smiled at her twin. Usually the girl wasn't a fan of hot pink but when she saw her sister in her dress, she encouraged her to buy it. 

"Yeah! It makes my boobs look great." Jess grinned at her sister, who rolled her eyes with a smile on her face. Angela, who was wearing a pretty purple dress, laughed at Jess. 

The sound of fists on the window had the girls looking over to a group of boys. El scowled at the boys who were peering in, whistling and winking at Jess and Angela. "That's disgusting."

Jess scoffed before turning to Bella. "What do you think Bella?" 

"I think they're all nice." She offered a small smile with a shrug, not really looking towards the girls.

"You're not really into this, are you?" Angela asked.

"I just really wanted to go to this bookstore." She mumbled, looking back down at her hands.

"I'll go with you." Eleanor offered, not wanting her friend walking around the city by herself. She turned to her sister and Angela. "We can meet you guys at the restaurant, if that's okay?"

Port Angeles could be a sketchy place at times and, since it was getting dark, she wasn't going to let Bella walk around alone. Besides, if something did happen, Eleanor liked to think she could protect them both. The time she had spent at the Cullens' was helping her become more comfortable with her abilities... a little bit at least.

After agreeing to meet Angela and Jessica at the restaurant, Bella and Eleanor left the dress shop and began to walk in the direction of the book store. Eleanor glanced at her friend, who walked with her head down and her hands tucked in her pockets. "What book are you getting?"

Bella looked up before shrugging. "Jake was telling me about the Quileute legends and I wanted to read more about them."

"Ah." Eleanor bit her lip to avoid smiling. She had read some Quileute legends before and now that she knew what the Cullens' were, she wondered if every mythical creature existed. She also wondered if Bella was beginning to question the Cullen family.