Chapter Ten

>>>>> Picture of Gracie.

                                                       Chapter Ten

                                                 Friday, March 16th

"Will you hold still!" I shouted at Gracie.

"No!"

"Gracie!"

After several more moments of shouting at one another, Graice finally gave in and sat down on the chair that faced away from me. I was still standing, holding a bottle of hair-dye with plastic gloves on. With a heavy sigh, I took out Gracie's hair clip as her bright red hair fell down past her shoulders. As I did, I could have sworn I heard her whimpered.

"For Christ's sake, Gracie," I said. "We're only dying your hair brown--"

"There's a reason I dyed it red in the first place though!" She argued. "I hated being a brunette. It was boring."

I rolled my eyes. But just as I was about to apply the hair-dye to the first strands of hair, Gracie shrieked and jumped out of the seat. "Wait, wait," Gracie pleaded. "Can't we do it tomorrow? I'm not ready--"

"Gracie," I said sternly. "Your face is all over the fucking internet. Crazy girls are already noticing you on the streets and calling a slut for going on a date with Erik Jackson. You have to dye your hair--"

"No, I don't!"

"Then are you sure you're willing to go through all that pain of being recognized on the streets as Erik's new girlfriend?" I asked. "We're going to downtown Toronto tonight with all our friends to catch a movie. Can you imagine the amount of teenage girls who will be there and see your bright ass hair? You've been confront by five random girls already who looked like they wanted to murder you."

Graice sighed. "But I'm not Erik's girlfriend," she insisted. "It was a one time thing."

"I know that," I replied. "But does the rest of the world know that?"

Gracie softly smiled. "Look, Carson," she started. "I appreciate how worried you are about me but seriously, I can take care of myself. This whole news of Erik and me will be over by the time Erik goes on another date with a girl. Besides, I could care less of what girls have to say about me. They can call me a slut or whatever they like, but as long as I know who I am, then everybody's oppinon of me will be irrelevant." She said that last sentence of hers with an innocent face and I couldn't help but realize how true her words were.

"Fine," I said as I threw the hair-dye bottle in the trash-can. "But that was a waste of twenty bucks."

Graice shrugged. "Those hair-dyes suck, anyways," she stated.

I snorted as I walked over to Graice's bed and sat down.  Gracie stood there looking at me with curiousity in her brown eyes. I looked up slowly and grinned. "Can I tell you something?" I asked.

Gracie shrugged as she sat down beside me. "Shoot."

"Wait, wait, wait," I said. "I need to ask you something else first...Do you like Erik Jackson? Are you for sure that date was a one time thing only?"

Gracie laughed. "That was two questions," she stated.

I rolled my eyes. "Just answer them."

"Well, if you must know," Gracie said dramatically. "I'm not really interested in Erik. I mean, he's hot but he's not exactly boyfriend material. He's basically known to be the flirt in the band and I'd rather not date someone who'll hit on girls behind my back. Besides, I'd rather obess about him from afar so he doesn't think I'm a complete lunatic." She grinned. "Why do you ask?"