7. How About Tomorrow?

s e v e n

The words from "Let It Go" from Frozen keep playing in my mind. "Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know." Curious, isn't it? It's for an old Disney movie about a girl with ice powers who needs to keep her powers a secret, but it can be used for any situation. For example, it's perfectly applicable to mine. I have to try not to feel anything but conceal the feelings I have already so they don't know. Kinda funny. I mean, the movie is still hella cringey but still.

I walk back into the building with my mind in a daze. Almost robotically, I feel myself push the buttons to the elevator and wait for it to come down. As I wait, I start to think of an elevator. It's relatively small and held up by only cables, but it's so strong. It can hold a whole lot of people without falling to the ground. It's strength is hindered by its size, however. A bigger elevator with stronger cables could hold more people, but this still works fine. I find myself sharply in contrast with an elevator. I can't hold a lot of anything. I can't hold feelings or they all just bubble out. I merely drop.

"Ding!" The elevator chimes, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look around for a moment, confused as to where I am. I walk into the elevator.

"Wait, Amber!" Simon shouts, rushing into the elevator.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"When do you wanna go?" He asks with a shy chuckle.

"Um... how about tomorrow?" I ask. "For dinner."

"Yeah, sure," he replies, nodding his head.

I walk out when the elevator doors open and wave back to him. My eyebrows knit together in confusion and thought after I turn around. It's just—it's been so long. We haven't even talked for a couple of years, how is he still harboring feelings? I mean, I did the same thing, but I just have problems.

[]

I wake up the next day, ready to record some more songs. I wrote a few more last night. Pouring out feelings is very easy when you have a whole lot of them. Writing usually comes more easily to me when I feel mad, frustrated, or sad. Hence, most of my songs are slower and a little sadder.

"I'm going to go record some more songs," I tell Kara as I leave the penthouse.

"Are you going with Jonah?" She asks. "I have something for him."

"Well, no. I could drop it off, though," I offer when I see her downtrodden face.

"Thank you!" She says, handing me the envelope.

"What's it about?" I ask curiously.

"It's just some calculations and prices for his tour. I'm his financial advisor for tour. He's going pretty soon, I'm sure he'd keep you as his opening act if you asked. All the other guys from your high school are also going, so you'd be among friends," she explains to me. "You should ask him!"

"Sure," I say with a chuckle, having little intention to ask him. On tour with Jonah? That's a big NO. It would be too hard.

As I walk into the elevator, I start to think about the pros of it. I would get a lot of publicity, and I could go on tour. I've been dreaming of that for years. Sure, it wouldn't be my headlining tour, but it'd be a start. I'd get to work with successful artists and perform in front of thousands.

My mind is filled with only the pros as I walk out of the elevator. My mind was seemingly set on going, even if my heart isn't.

I slightly lean forward on my toes and knock on the door. It slowly opens.

"Hey, Jonah. I have an envelope for you," I say, my breath suddenly stuck in my throat. "She said it was some money stuff for your tour. She also... asked me to ask you if I could be your opening act on tour." I prepare myself for a no. He wouldn't want me near him either, right?

"That would be great! You'd get lots of publicity and we could all catch up," Jonah says over enthusiastically. It was almost like he was faking it. The smile on his face was too plastered. "Where are you going?"

"Recording some more songs," I reply quietly.

"Oh." I stare down at my feet, noticing the beautiful pattern on the floor's carpet.

"I'll just go now," I reply, turning around. I walk to the elevator and turn around to see him staring at me sadly. Our eyes lock just as the elevator door closes. Our time to talk is done. The window has closed. All the windows are closed. They haven't been opened for years, and they won't be opened now.

Hey! Y'all have been commenting a lot for an update. So here it is! Only a day early, but still early!! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! Make sure to vote and comment. I love you guys ❤️

Q. What will happen on Simon&Amber's date? Will it fail or excel?

Until next time my hopeless romantics!