Chapter Twenty Six 1/2

"Miss, you're trembling."

Am I?

Yes, I am.

"Xiao Yu, I'm getting married." I stated in a daze.

Xiao Yu smiled in confirmation.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself.

When I received the marriage edict, I didn't think much about it, like it wasn't that much of a big deal. But now that the auspicious day has finally come, I suddenly felt anxious and giddy causing me to lose sleep.

"Miss, relax." Xiao Yu said and softly pressed my hands.

I nodded my head and held Xiao Yu's hand. She quietly led me to the palanquin that will bring me to the Chen Manor where the marriage ceremony would happen.

The cheering of the crowd and the loud firecrackers going off in the distance can be heard. There was a lively scene outside but I remained motionless in my seat, my mind going somewhere else.

Am I dreaming?

I must be.

I fell asleep then transmigrated to another world. Surprisingly, inside my own story. Not the female lead but one of the villains. Tried to escape my fate but still ended up getting entangled with the royal family. And now, I'm getting married.

This feels unreal.

The light knock on the palanquin brought me back to reality.

"Miss, we have arrived." I heard Xiao Yu announced from the outside.

I carefully got off the palanquin, making sure that my dress won't get caught in the edges.

"Miss, this is your last chance. If you want to escape, I will help you." Xiao Yu whispered to me while fixing the veil covering my face.

Xiao Yu, don't you think that your offer is a bit late? We already entered the Chen Manor. If you have told me earlier, I might have considered.

I snorted and flicked Xiao Yu's forehead who groaned in response.

"Miss, I was kidding. You look so tensed. You're going to get married, not executed." Xiao Yu said as she straightened the slight creases in my dress.

I laughed dryly at Xiao Yu's joke. I know she's only trying to help me relax but I couldn't help myself from feeling nervous.

"Miss, let's go."

The servants at the Chen Manor bowed their heads in greeting upon seeing me. They accompanied us to where my guests and my husband-to-be is.

Just like the Bai Manor, the Chen Manor was beautifully decorated with lanterns, symbols and flowers. Everything was red, like the entire manor was in a blaze.

As we near the garden where the ceremony is taking place, I halted for a moment.

This is it.

Wish me luck.

I stepped forward with the maids and stopped in front of Chen Mu. My heart was beating so fast, like it was going to jump out of my chest.

Breathe in, breathe out.

The person officiating the marriage uttered a few words of blessings but I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying. I was focused on keeping my sanity in check.

"Bow to the heavens and earth." The officiant instructed but I was stuck in my spot.

The officiant cleared his throat and repeated, "bow to the heavens and earth."