Part 61: Flash Flash - 1

Flash Flash part 1

Hey guys! The following chapters are going to be part of the same night, they'll have a '-1/2/3 etc' to signify which part, pretty self explanatory just thought I'd let you know just in case :)

So keen for this chapter update, really enjoyed writing it and I think this is in my top 5 favourite chapters to be honest!

Dont forget to PM me your questions!! If you have no idea what I'm talking about check out the chapter called 'Bit of fun' it's got the deets!!

ALSO just because I say don't ask me to update straight in an earlier chapter, DOES NOT MEAN that it's null and void in the next chapter. It carries across, okay? Thank you!

Anyway, hope you enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment!!

6 weeks later

"Mel, is this height okay?" I called from the top of the step ladder where Cameron and I were hanging the banner that screamed 'Melissa's 19th Birthday' in hot pink, silver and gold letters.

"A little higher," she replied, standing below us with her hands on her hips in her active wear. We were preparing Mel and Cam's apartment for her birthday party. She'd invited roughly 50 people with a mixture from our old school and some new people from uni we'd met this year. Being the party coordinator she is, she was going to make it perfect, everything was going to have a place and everything was going to go according to plan.

Mason was making trips to-and-fro from the car, bringing things from our place that she'd requested.

In all honesty, me standing on top of a step ladder that was a metre and half above the ground probably wasn't the best and this was accentuated when I got a grilling from Mason as he walked into the apartment carrying a box.

"Mel, are you insane!?" He dropped the box onto the coffee table causing it to jingle with miscellaneous objects in a haste. He strode over to me quickly to help me down from the ladder.

"Mason, it's fine," I giggled as I reached the floor. "I'm not that clumsy,"

"Doesn't matter, that thing's dangerous," he sighed, worry lines creasing his forehead as he looked me over. I tried to hold back my giggles because I knew he was serious.

"She's fallen off worse things, Mase," countered Mel, as she opened up the newly arrived box and sifted through the items. Mason moved behind me so he could continue to scold a disinterested Mel.

"Yeah, well this time we've got precious cargo on board." He said, reaching in front of me to rest his hands on my stomach lazily.

"Yes sir," she saluted him as she walked past to the kitchen, earning a giggle from me and a smirk from Cameron.

"No more climbing, please?" He whispered into my hair, kissing the top of my head. I sighed in mock frustration.

"Fine," I groaned, strolling into the kitchen to join Mel in sorting out balloon colours.

6 weeks earlier (flashback)

"How do you know?" I whispered, guiltily staring at my feet. This is a disaster. "This isn't how I wanted you to find out," I sniffed, feeling tears prick at my eyes.

"The night you got back, I couldn't find your slippers so I took the socks from the top of your bag. I felt something hard inside them so I pulled it out and... well, you get the idea."

There was silence. What do I even say? He must be furious with me.

"Are you mad?" I asked, my eyes pleading as I stared at his face while his eyes were still averted.