Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks

@TheNerdyBookGirl4 #Happy17th

The Three Broomsticks was rather crowded for breakfast, as Madam Rosmerta's fry up was known all over the Wizarding World, and as such it took the Marauders a moment to find a place to sit. Sirius slid sideway into a booth that was just being vacated by a couple of witches with brightly colored robes that glowered at him for the speed with which he overtook their seats. "Over here you lot!" he shouted, "I've got us a seat."

James, Peter, and Remus hurried over and crammed into the booth, which was really meant for two, but Remus and Sirius were both so narrow that they managed it with only a bit of Peter hanging over the edge of his bench. "Bloody hell it smells grand in here," said James eagerly, breathing deeply so that the scent of sausages and bacon filled his lungs. "Could move in here, I could."

Remus was looking at himself in the reflection of the window and wiping clean the cuts on his cheeks from the branches, "None of you told me my face looked like hell," he complained.

"Is that different than normal, then?" teased James, elbowing Remus chummily and Sirius guffawed as Peter looked around for Rosemerta. "I'm only kidding, of course, mate," James added, petting Remus on the shoulder. "Sirius would come over the table and hang me if i wasn't."

"You bet your arse I would, too," Sirius said. "It makes you look rugged," he added, smirking at Remus, "Like Ned."

Remus looked at Sirius, "Bleedin' hell."

"Like Ned?" James asked, "Ned Veigler?" He snickered. "Oh don't tell me you lot have it in for Ned Veigler."

"Moony's done for ages, haven't you Moons?"

"No," Remus said firmly, "I haven't. You've just been jealous of the bloke for ages." He spit into his shirt sleeve and started to use that in an attempt to wash his face.

"Gods, Moony, my mum does that and it's disgusting," James said, nose wrinkled. "What do you want spittle all over your face for?"

"Better than dried up blood," Remus murmured.

Suddenly the shadow of Rosemerta crossed the table and the boys looked up at her, Remus mid-swipe of the sleeve. She looked about at them with suspicion. "What are you lot doing out of the castle?" she asked, "It isn't Hogsmeade weekend."

"Special privileges," James lied. "On account of... everything going on... I've been quite depressed and Dumbledore's allowed me a good meal to cheer me up."

Rosemerta looked as though she wasn't entirely positive if she believed this or not, but she didn't press it further. Instead she waved her wand and four glasses appeared before them, along with silverware, and she looked about, "Full breakfast for the lot of you, then?"

"Yes, ma'm," Sirius said eagerly. "On Potter's shiny knut."

James rattled his money bag.

"Coffee or tea?"

"Tea," said three of them, and Remus replied, "Coffee."

"Very well." And Rosemerta was off, their cups filling themselves up magically as she left the table.

James grinned, watching her go, "Excellent, the service here."

Sirius looked over the back of his seat, then back to James, "Excellent, the arse on her is what you mean, yeah?"

James turned red.

Peter turned to look and Sirius swatted at him, "Well don't you look, too, you'll make it obvious what we're looking at."

Peter said, "Well maybe it ought to have been me who looked in the first place, seeing as you don't care what her arse looks like!"

"And you do, Wormtail?" Sirius asked, snickering.