Chapter Thirty - Jacob

The distance was all that mattered. Increasing the miles between the docks and myself as I sprinted through the isle. The dusty, venomous isle sky was just beginning to lighten, slum dwellers beginning to emerge from that night's hibernation where they attempt to shield their young children from the horrors that are released in the shadows. Vendors began re-setting their stalls just as they do every dawn hoping to make just a small amount of money so that they can feed themselves and their own.

Half rotten apples, stale bread, and sour milk were just some of the delicacies that cover the damp and rotting wood whilst other miss matched congregated metal or sewn fabric stalls littered the outskirts of the marketplace. I let the heels of my boots drag across the dusty, cracked earth where no plant can grow, broken glass and litter.
"Oh, how the mighty have fallen" A voice bellowed from behind me, deep, resounding footsteps approaching from the other side of the marketplace before abruptly ceasing.
"I know that voice..."

I turned slowly, my eyes wondering over his towering frame, from his black leather boots to his long black, unbuttoned jacket with silver embroidery along the hem, the intricate rounded silver buttons glinting in the sun. His loose grey shirt lightly billowing, stirred by the light breeze but contained in the confines of his heavy coat and tightly stretched across his broad chest. His tight, black trousers were being held up by a belt, the silver buckle matched the buttons on the jacket with equal intricacy.
His head was donned with a tricorn hat, a large feather curled around, his tanned face was framed with brown, shoulder length hair, the natural waves emphasized his chiseled cheekbones and jaw.
His steel grey eyes gazed down at me, long think lashes framed his eyes, exaggerating the silver flecks within them. His straight nose was slightly scrunched as he gave me a lopsided grin, causing a dimple to crease into his tanned cheek.
I gave him a mischievous smile, "hey, Jacob"

Placing one hand on my hip and another laid on the holster of my cutlass encase he tries anything, "What do you want?" I questioned- I hadn't seen him in a long time.
"What? Am I not allowed to talk to an old sailing buddy?" His steel grey eyes held an impish glint.
Arching an eyebrow at his choice of words, "I wouldn't consider us as 'buddies' not now, and not then, so what do you want?" I made sure that my tone was more assertive, at this point I don't know if I want his answer anymore, I couldn't care less.
Crossing his muscular arms over his chest, he continued to smirk at me with a cat-like grin, "can I not catch up with a childhood friend?" Knowing that he chose a different turn of phrase I rolled my eyes at his pedantic antics, "you aren't usually alone, so I thought I'd jump at the opportunity to have a chat."
"So you've been stalking me?"
"I wouldn't consider what I do as 'stalking'." He pushed back his black coat with an exaggerated flourish and pushed his hands into his trouser pockets.
I just shook my head at his ridiculous actions.
"Anyway, we could always rekindle our friendship over some sailing like we used to."
Harry came to mind as he said this, I pushed the thought away, "sure, why not." Smiling up at him, mirroring his grin.

You see, Jacob- son of Captain Jack Sparrow and Harry hold an everlasting feud ever since their parents were initially rounded up onto this confinement. Both Captains of opposing crews with considerable self-admiration and crammed with narcissistic behavior. Of course, I know Jacob, I'm the daughter of Maleficent and I know and have studied every VK on this isle.

Surprisingly, the rundown marketplace wasn't far from his father's ship. Considering the controversy between Hook and Sparrow, Jacob's father's ship was exiled from the docks and an additional makeshift dock had to be created away from the west of the bridge, located towards the east.
"What ya thinking 'bout?" The boy interrupted my train of thought, pushing back the left side of his coat as he turned to look at me.
"Nothing" I responded overly rapid, watching as he raised an eyebrow at me, a sly grin appearing on his face as if it never faded. "Doesn't look like nothing to me"

"Nothing, now leave it Jacob" I snapped, reaching out a hand and heavily pushing into his shoulder. A chuckle escaped his lips as he straightened the top of his jacket and stopped in his path. "So, what really happened between you and your lover boy, eh?" The intrusive pirate questioned, blocking my way.
"Why should I tell you? You hate the guy" I don't know what his real intentions are, but I can't give him anything else to hurt Harry or the any of the Hooks. But hopefully, Harry seeing me with Jacob might knock some sense into him, it might restart his feelings. Hopefully.
"Because I can see that it is eating you up from the inside, Melanie. And yes, Hook and I might not be on the best of terms- now or ever but it's not like you and I have ever despised each other. We were once friends before that arrogant and venomous pirate gang. So the least you can do is finally confide in me and I could give you some array of advice" The young pirate ranted, clearly agitated with my distant and particular choice of speech.

"He thinks I left him- When I was forced off the isle by my mother's hand. I refused to believe that he feels nothing for me anymore" The pirate in front of me expressed an abridged sigh as he lifted a palm to his head, raising his tricorne hat marginally and scratching the top of his head.
"You two must be blind" He muttered, shaking his head
"Excuse me?" I questioned him as I placed a hand on my hip and took a couple steps forward.
"You two have been pining for each other forever, even now, I saw him at the docks and there's no way that he is currently full of hatred. He still loves you, you love him just tell each other!" A frustrating growl escaped his lips, turning on his heel and beginning to trek swiftly towards his father's ship with me following closely behind, ready to cause some well-needed mischief and mayhem.

Amber_Tsuki_Jayne (Suggested Jacob)

_______________

Credits to her for the amazing idea of Jacob. But is that the end of the surprises?
Is everyone still enjoying the story? I particularly liked this chapter.
-Anon x