0.8

*

*

Apparently, Bella had found whatever answer she was looking for in her book because, the next evening, Bella paced around Eleanor's bedroom, trying to decide what to do. Her bottom lip was pulled in between her teeth and Eleanor worried she would rip out her hair from how tightly she was gripping it.

Eleanor watched the girl with an amused look on her face. Apparently after Edward dropped Bella off last night, the girl stayed up all night reading the book she bought, and researching legends on her laptop.

The girl had been on edge all day. She had shown up late for school that morning and, when Eleanor finally saw Bella, she could tell that the girl was anxious for something. Instead of telling Eleanor what she had read, she asked if they could meet at Eleanor's house that evening.

Which is why Eleanor was currently watching the girl have a breakdown in the middle of her room.

"What am I supposed to say to him?" Bella asked, glancing towards Eleanor as she continued to pace. "I mean, what if I'm wrong and he thinks I'm crazy?"

"I mean, you do sound a little crazy." El said with a shrug. Bella huffed, shooting the smirking brunette a glare. "Don't look at me like that. You're accusing him of being a vampire."

Maybe she could help her friend out by telling her that Edward was a vampire but, honestly, where was the fun in that? If she didn't know about the Cullen family, she would be trying to talk the girl out of confronting Edward to avoid the embarrassment. But she knew that Edward was driving himself crazy avoiding the girl so she now urged her to confront him.

Eleanor huffed and sat up to cross her legs under her. "Get him by himself, obviously. And make him admit it, don't just blurt it out." She cringed, remembering the day she had found out about their secret.

"Where should I do it? I only see him at school." Bella sighed, wringing her hands together, chewing on her bottom lip.

"Then that's going to have to work." Eleanor tried to reassure Bella with a smile. "Confront him tomorrow and we'll get to see what's so strange about Edward Cullen."

---

The next day at lunch, Eleanor, Jess, and Angela sat outside in the sunshine. It was a rare sunny day in Forks, leaving the girls to take advantage of the weather. Eleanor took a bite out of her sandwich and tilted her head back, letting the warmth wash over her face.

"Where's Bella?" Jess spoke up, and El cracked an eye open to see Jess looking around.

Eleanor looked around too, whipping her head around to see Bella walking towards the woods. She frowned for a moment before she noticed Edward walking a few feet ahead of her. El bit her lip to hide the smile growing on her face and silently celebrated the fact that she would have someone to gossip with about the vampires.