1.0

*

*

The darkening sky above indicated that the storm was coming soon, leaving most members of the Cullen family standing in a lush clearing. A soft breeze caressed Eleanor's skin and she leaned her head back with closed eyes, the smell of the coming storm soothing her.

Eleanor, Esme, Alice, and Rose sat close together, each discussing the upcoming game. Meanwhile, Jasper, Emmett, and Carlisle were busying themselves by setting up their baseball field.

Eleanor loved baseball. She hadn't kept up with the sport and her favorite teams for years but she still sometimes managed to catch a quick game on the television.

The sound of a car arriving replaced the soft conversations in the field. The girls all stood, Eleanor moving to stand behind Alice. She hadn't told Bella that she knew the Cullens' well yet and was anxious to see her friend.

Bella was clearly confused by Eleanor's appearance. She knew El hadn't been close with the Cullens' by their past conversations, so Eleanor knew it was a surprise. "El? What're you doing here?"

The girl shyly tangled her fingers together in front of her and tilted her head towards Alice. "Alice invited me."

Bella hummed, looking from the two girls back towards Edward. The man pulled Bella closer to his side as the rest of his family. Loud, continuous thunder rolled across the sky. "It's time!"

Eleanor and Bella went to stand behind home plate with Esme, Carlisle, Rosalie, and Jasper as the rest of the family took their spots throughout the field. Esme swung her arms around each human's shoulder. "I'm glad you guys are here. We needed umpires."

"She thinks we cheat." Emmett said with a mock eye roll, causing Eleanor to laugh at him.

"Something tells me she's right, Emmett." The man only winked at her.

"Call them as you see them." Esme told both Eleanor as Bella as she crouched behind home plate.

As Bella settled in next to Esme, Eleanor made her way over to Carlisle. He smiled down at her, subtly slipping an arm around her waist while keeping his free hand gripped around his bat. Eleanor kept an eye on Bella, readying herself to move away in case she looked towards the two of them.

Rosalie was first up to bat, looking straight at Alice with narrowed eyes. Alice smirked at her sister before hiking her leg up and pitching the ball like a baseball player. Eleanor watched with wide eyes as Rosalie's bat met the ball, cracking loudly before soaring into the forest. "Now I see why you need the thunder."