Chapter 35 "On the Edge"

Sophie's POV

I was sleeping when I was suddenly woken up by the sound of someone knocking on my apartment door. I opened my eyes and waited till my they adjusted to the darkness. It was still dark outside. I reached for my phone and unlocked it and immediately the brightness irritated my eyes, causing me to squint them. After a few seconds, I checked the time, and it was just a little past midnight.

12:17 am

There was a knock again. Who could it be at this late hour? Probably Daniel again, looking for some leftovers. I thought with an eye roll.

I swung my legs outside the bed and lazily stood up. I didn't bother to put on a robe or bra since I thought it was just Daniel. I was wearing a silky night wear, consisting of a shirt and shorts that ended just below my butt.

I somehow managed to drag myself to the door, my eyes still half closed, while the banging on the door continued

My precious sleep.

I opened the door and expected to see Daniel but I was surprised to see Alex instead. he was wearing grey sweatpants along with a black hoodie and casually leaning against the doorframe with one hand in his pocket.

His eyes raked over my body real quick but I still noticed it.

Suddenly I was not feeling sleepy at all. Instead I was more concerned over what I probably look like with the bird's nest on my head that I call hair, or worse, if there was any drool on my face.

"What are you doing here?"

Pure shock and confusion written clearly all over my face.

He flashed me that gorgeous smile of his and replied,

"I wanna take you somewhere."

I looked at him incredulously. Is he serious?

"You do realize it's Midnight?"

"Oh yeah, I already know that. That's why I came here."

I didn't even have a chance to ask him something when he said,

"I think, you would want to put some more clothes on. Go, Wear something comfy."

I looked down and I remembered the clothes I was wearing and blushed when his eyes raked over the length of my legs. Maybe I should've put on the robe.

Or not.

Before I could say something else, he gave me a little nudge towards the bedroom and asked again to get ready. I sighed and decided to just listen to him.

I went to room and quickly dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. I went to washroom and checked myself and sighed in relief when I saw there was no drool. I splashed some water quickly onto my face and brushed my teeth, and let my messy hair loose.