27

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Lounging on the black leather couch in the living room, I flipped through the channels on TV while I waited for Faith to come over so I could help her get ready for tonight. It was Friday, the day of Faith and Tyler's blind date, and everything was going smoothly. Logan had made the reservations at the restaurant, both Tyler and Faith were still up for the date, and we made sure neither of them knew who the mystery person was.

Just as the clock hit five o'clock, the doorbell rang. I stood up from the couch and walked over to the door, opening it to see Faith standing there.

"Are you ready for your date?" I asked excitedly, stepping to the side so she could come in and then leading her upstairs to my room.

"I guess," she shrugged, "I'm just a little nervous since I don't know who he is."

"Don't stress it. You'll have fun – trust me. Now come on, let's get you ready." I grabbed her hand and led her into the restroom. She flopped down onto the stool while I got all my makeup supplies out.

"Can I please have just a tiny clue about who he is?" She asked with innocent eyes and clasping her hands together.

"I promised I wouldn't tell." I pressed my lips together. She slumped in her seat. "You'll find out in an hour, alright? Just be patient. Now turn around, you can't look until I'm done."

After about fifteen minutes, I was finishing up her makeup, dabbing the last bit of red lipstick onto her lips. I leaned back to take a good look at her and smiled. "Now, your hair."

I plugged the curling iron in and worked on her hair, loosely curling it. After another twenty minutes, I was done and took a step back.

"You can look now." I said with an excited grin.

She turned around and met her reflection. She blinked at herself in the mirror and then looked at me with an approving smile. I grinned and took her hand, leading her back out into my room. She sat on the edge of my bed while I walked into my closet and looked for something she could wear.

"I have this dress that Emmie bought me last year, and it's beautiful, but I just never wore it because I felt self conscious in it." I explained, smiling once I reached the dress. I pulled it off its hanger and took it to Faith, placing it in her hands. "But, I think it would look amazing on you."

It was a simple dress: light blue, fitted comfortably at the top and flowing down mid-thigh.

"It's so pretty," She breathed out.

"Go try it on!" I said, pushing her towards the restroom.

She chuckled, leaving the room and closing the door behind her. Seconds later she was opening the door again, this time, however, stepping out in the dress.

"What do you think? You think he'll like it?" She asked, looking down at herself.

The dress fit her perfectly, almost as if it had been made specifically for her, and the blue complimented her bright red lips.

"You look stunning, really. He's going to love it." I smiled. "Speaking of your date, we have to get going. We have.." I turned to look at the clock and my eyes widened, "ten minutes!"

"What?" She panicked. "Oh, God, I'm gonna be so late!" She hastily grabbed her coat and purse from the bed, and quickly slipped her black flats on. We rushed down the stairs and flew out the door, not even bothering to lock it. We quickly climbed into her car and drove to the restaurant. Pulling up to the parking lot right at six-thirty, she parked her car into an empty lot. As we walked to the entrance together, I craned my neck to see where Tyler was sitting. Luckily, he had his back to us.