22

~22~

"You really didn't need to do this Miss Stark," Laura smiled as she reached for some bowls. Clara could see the pregnant woman struggling, so she helped her out and reached the bowls.

"Please, call me Clara. And it's the least I could do for letting us stay here," Clara replied before going back over to the pot of boiling noodles. "Unannounced." Laura chuckled softly before she handed Clara bowls one by one for her to fill with pasta. The Avengers slowly made it into the kitchen along with Clint's children. Everyone was there, except for Tony. Clara made her way to the front porch where she called out for her brother. "Tony! Dinner's ready!" She called. She crossed her arms over her flannel covered chest as a cool breeze hit her. She watched as Tony and another figure exited the barn. The two walked onto the porch and Clara'a eyes widened.

"Nick?" She asked, surprised to see him. Not only because he had been 'killed' the year before, but because her was on Clint's farm out of all places.

"Clara," Fury smirked. "Hope there's enough for one more plate."

***

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury said. Clara was by the sink, helping Laura wish the dishes from dinner. Every few minutes she would glance at the team before Laura finally handed her a cup of steaming coffee.

"I should be good from here." Clara sent her a warm smile as she grabbed the warm cup and joined the team.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked.

"Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit." Clara tilted her head and squinted her eyes as she tried to understand Fury's metaphor. "Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though," he finished.

"He still going after launch codes?" Tony asked.

"Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare," Tony said. Clara raised her eyebrow, but her brother noticed. "Don't worry about it."

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that," Fury smirked.

"Nexus?" Tony said.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth," Clara said. As Steve leaned on the doorframe, he looked down at his feet to hide the smirk he had. He couldn't help but feel different whenever he saw Clara or heard her voice.

"So what'd they say?" Clint asked.

"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed."

"By whom?"

"Parties unknown."

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha asked.

"Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo, find our 'unknown.'" Tony said.

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Natasha said from her seat.

"I do, I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard."