I Destroy Chiron's PingPong Table

I took a deep breath as I walked into the rec room. Looking around, I realized that I was the only one missing. Everyone trained their eyeson me and I immediately felt self-conscious. I felt a faint blush tugging at my cheeks as I glared at them.

"What?", I inquired, harshly. They all averted their gaze except for Clarisse who just snorted, "Death Breath."

Chiron, who stood on the head table in centaur form, cleared his throat. "Err, just in time Mr. di Angelo. We were about to start the meeting.". I rolled my eyes as I made my way to the corner of the room. They would've started the conversation with or without me. I'm not important. In fact, the only reason they invite me to these stuff is out of respect for my dad. They're terrified of him Though I don't think he actually cares for me.

As I settled comfortably into the shadows, Chiron started off his meeting with the regularities : chores, weekly schedules, that kind of stuff. I didn't exactly pay attention to what he was saying. I honestly don't know why  I visited this week. I guess I was feeling bored of travelling and rising dead Romans to spar with them. I wasn't regretting it though. I had fun all week with Percy and Annabeth. Plus, the Hunters came around almost exactly the same time I did and I got to see Thalia again. Despite the bad terms we had,we became great friends later.

Of course, it wasn't all that great. Whenever, those three aren't around I was tagged as the Emo Loner Freak. Noone would go near me. Occasionally though, I chat with Juniper and Grover and play with Mrs. O'Leary.

And then there were the Aphrodite and Ares kids. They were so different yet alike in so many ways.

The Aphrodite girls would wink whenever I passed by their window and blow me kisses. 'Badass boys' are their type they say. I'm like 'whatever'.

Ares kids would jeer and call me names whenever I passed by their window. No 'he's the Son of Hades, don't mess with him' or 'bad news, he's bad news' or something. All I hear are  'wimp. I don't think he can even kill a katobleps' 'emo freak. Who wears black these days anyways?' 'look how pale he is. Get out some more would you?'. I honestly prefer being treated an outsider rather than being teased those.

"So we need to--.Mr. di Angelo? Nico? Gaea to Nico?". I shook my head out of my daydream as I realized everyone was looking at me. I cleared my throat awkwardly and stuttered, "S-sorry Chiron. W-what was that you said?"

Clarisse La Rue, Daughter of Ares, gave me a look filled with fake pity. "Aww. Punk's been daydreaming 'bout his dead sister again. What was her name again? Bianca? Petty that girl."

I felt the air charge with such force. The shadows around the room danced dangerously. I saw crevices open up from the floors, snaking it's way up the walls and ceilings.

You can tease me. You can make fun of me. You can hit me. Bu you do not hurt my sister. The sister who gave up her life just to savor the lives of others. She was meant to be treated like a hero. Not trash.

Too late, I realize. My vision went red and the whole room screamed in panic.

I couldn't remember exactly what happened. But I did recognize Clarisse's shout of pain. I felt something hard hit me against the wall, hitting my head so hard I almost passed out. I heard Chiron's voice echoing around in my head but I couldn't register what he was saying.

When my vision came to, I was lying down on the hard floor, a visibly worried Percy and Annabeth hovering over me. The rec room was a complete--well, wreck. The ping pong table was split in half. Seymour the Leopard was strewn all the way across the room, growling for sweets. The rest of the furnishings were either blasted to rubble or in pieces around the room. The room itself was a mash-up of cracks and wide gaping holes, easily meant for something down there. Everyone else had evacuated, but that doesn't mean noone got hurt.