Chapter 88

Grace was slowly, but steadily going crazy. She paced inside the compound like some caged wild animal for days now, because Nik and Elijah just wouldn't let her out. The whole family wouldn't leave her out of eyesight and it was heavily annoying her. 

Whenever someone was trying to strip her off her freedom, she was getting heavily nasty and now wasn't any different. She tried to keep herself together and understand that the brothers just wanted to protect her, but this wasn't the right way. Grace was always part of the game, they could try to keep her out of it as much as they wanted, it would never work. They should know. 

Even tough it seemed that there was always someone watching her, Grace still felt utterly left alone. Elijah was out with Nik all the time, keeping themselves busy with their first sirelings. Hayley was probably the only person that could really understand her situation, but it was always awkward talking to her. So she had to deal with this mostly on her own, which was a situation she seriously disliked. 

She couldn't go on like that anymore. All this was driving her crazy. Nik had a girl with him for some hours now and the noises combined with her senses on overdrive didn't make it any better. 

Grace still wasn't the slightest comfortable with talking to Nik, but this time she needed to. Determined, she walked towards his room and walked in without even caring to knock. Nik stood in front of his dresser, thankfully having pants on, while a red haired girl laid in his bed, having a cocky smile on her face. The young vampire ignored her completely, as she she thought that she was just some girl Nik lured in to distract himself. 

Nik looked over his shoulder and his eyes widened when he saw that she came in. There was something in his eyes that let her know that he didn't want her anywhere near the woman that was in his bed. 

"Can't you for once knock, Gracie?" 

Rolling her eyes, she stepped in front of him and crossed her arms in front of her chest. 

"Could you please send your plaything away?" 

She snapped, lifting a brow. But Nik stared intensely at her, his eyes flickered back to the red haired beauty. Before he could speak, she raised her voice.

"Oh, I don't think so. We aren't finished yet, right, Nik?" 

Standing up and revealing her naked skin, she stepped beside the hybrid and snuggled into his chest. Nik just looked annoyed and Grace adverted her gaze disgusted.

"...You must be Grace. I'm Aurora. I've heard you're...well acquainted with my brother." 

She held out her hand, mocking politeness. But Grace ignored it, as she was too busy processing the information she just gave. Elijah told her about Aurora before and what he had done to her. And of course her degree of relationship with Tristan. Her gaze was fixed on the smaller woman and she was filled with shock. How could Nik bring her here? Was he so hell bent on getting them all in danger?

Her jaw clenched as she shot Nik an angered glare. She really had to keep herself from protectively placing her hands on her belly. With that gesture everyone would find out what was going on with her and that was something people like Aurora, Lucien and Tristan definitely shouldn't know.  

"What do you want?" 

Grace said with a serious tone, shooting Aurora a glare. She should know that she wasn't someone to be messed with, even tough she was a lot weaker than her physically. 

Aurora chuckled, as if laughing at Grace's question. On the outside she looked so innocent and girly, but it was easy to see through his facade. There was a maniac lurking inside and she surely had some kind of agenda.