14: Leigh

14: Leigh

            Leigh was wondering where Noah was. She still hadn't gotten a note, which was so uncharacteristic of him, considering he was so prompt with replies. Maybe his schedule had suddenly changed and it was just a case of bad timing? She wasn't sure, but she decided to take the day off school and spend it at the library, hoping that he'd arrive anyways.

            Leigh arrived at ten in the morning and around twelve, decided she needed a bathroom break. She had been typing furiously at her laptop, trying to complete the creative writing piece she was working on but he brain was completely fried and she had hit a wall. A walk was in dire need to help circulate the blood and oxygen back into her brain.

            She took her time in the bathroom, washing her hands thoroughly and allowing them to dry completely under the automatic dryers. Then she returned back into the building. Before she reached the second set of automatic doors, she passed a vending machine. To be completely honest, she was craving a Butterfinger and looking at its golden wrapper behind the glass made her stomach growl.

            But Leigh resisted the temptation. She looked awful as it was; un-brushed hair and pyjamas. The last thing she wanted was to break out in pimples too. So, instead, she settled with getting a raspberry and apple mineral water, before heading back to her desk. And on top of her desk: a note.

            She almost dropped the bottle and went running. Instead, she sped up her pace and reached the paper within a few quick strides. Leigh ran her fingers over the note and smiled at Noah's familiar handwriting.

            You're wearing my jumper.
            You look beautiful.
            Keep it.
            - Noah
            P.S. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
            by Benjamin Alire Saenz
            Something almost, if not equally as wonderful as you.
            P.P.S. Am I flirting too much?
            I kind of really like you.

            Leigh died of happiness.