Chapter 101

Only an hour. An hour for me to find Ace. He had to see me. He had to know that I was alive. But how would I start? Where was he? We were in my pack and he was God knows where. I wanted to run without anyone help. But I needed help with finding him. I was still too weak. 

My brother was the first one to come to my mind. I had to see Blake. 

I used my senses to find his smell. He had to be here. I knew he was. Instinctively my feet moved towards the door. I clutched my heart at the burning pain. My wound was gone. So were all of my scratches and bruises. I was healing faster than ever. My skin seemed to glow. My footsteps were silent yet I was quicker than wind. My brother's scent was very close. 

Was he outside? Almost like a mirage, I was out the house. Blake was sitting on the ground. His head in his arms as quiet tears fell down his face. My heart clenched. There was a picture on the ground. A picture of me. I found my own tears betraying me. I took a quiet step towards him not wishing to frighten him. 

"Blake" I whispered. 

His head didn't jerk back as I expected it to. He stayed unmoving. 

"Blake" I whispered again. My arm touching his shoulder like a light caress. Still no reaction. I frowned.

"Blake!" I shook his shoulder. He continued crying without so much as giving me a reaction. What was wrong with him? Couldn't he hear me? 

"Blake!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. My brother continued to cry. His fingers moved towards my picture as he clutched the frame harder to his chest. His quiet tears turned into sobs as the frame cracked. Blood flushed out of his knuckles as he continued to cry over my death. 

I fell on my knees. My arms went around him but it felt like I never touched him. 

"Blake!" Lucy's cry was heard from behind us. I turned my head around. Lucy ran out of the pack house in her nightdress. Her eyes not even stopping on me. How? She was looking at me...

"Oh, Blake" She whispered as she fell on her knees right next to me. Her eyes stopped on my picture and her eyes watered. 

"She's gone" Blake's voice broke. Lucy took him in her arms as he hugged her back. 

"She is fucking gone" Blake cried. My stomach dropped. What was happening? I was right here. I was on my knees begging them to look at me. 

"I'm so sorry" Lucy cried as she pressed his head against her neck. But even her smell didn't calm him down. He kept sobbing. She cried too. I shook my head as I stood back up. I thought I was alive. What was wrong with me? I ran back inside the pack house and straight to my room.

The second I stepped into my room my eyes fell open as my stomach dropped. I was staring at my own corpse. My body was lifelessly sprawled over my bed. My skin pale. My chest unmoving. 

My breath was cut short. How could they stare at this? How could the hold themselves? Slowly I walked towads my own dead body. My fingers touched my cheek. I felt nothing. My body was cleaned and taken care of. My hair neatly under my head. And I was dressed in a red dress. 

A small tear fell from my eye. They couldn't let go. It was sudden. I knew what was going on. I was not dead. Not completely alive either. If I managed to complete my task then I would come back to life. I was sure Ace could see me. He had to. My body sprung as quick as I could. 

I didn't know where to go yet my body took me itself. I was unstoppable. Quicker than I have ever been. The night was dark. The air cold. There was no way to describe what was happening to me. I was sprinting. Flying. 

The territory was familiar. Burned memories. Erased images from my brain. The forest. I knew I was close. My running stopped at the familiar scenario. Piles and piles of dead people. Dead wolves. Blood smeared all over. The putrid smell of dead bodies. 

My heart was stuttering. It was painful. What happened? Was there no one alive? I started to walk through the bodies. There was no fire. Not yet. I ran through the forest and the corpses didn't seem to have an end. And then came the most agonizing pain I have ever felt. 

It wasn't physical pain. It was emotional. Mental. It was what I saw. 

It was Ace. My Ace. My love. In the middle of all these dead and disfigured bodies. On the exact same spot where I had died in my mate's arms was sitting Ace. He was on the ground. His expression of nothingness of emptiness was a gun to my heart. 

But in the depths of his empty eyes were emotions I could read. Pain. Agony. Anger. Defeat. His handsome face was pale. Starches and bruises all over his sculpted body. His eyes dead. I could no longer see the spark. The light in them. 

He was motionless. Sitting on the ground. Looking at nothing. Red eyes. Tears all over. 

Not being able to look at it any longer I stepped in front of him.

"Ace" I whispered.