113. Go

113. Go

Mukuro had, by some form of a planned coincidence, brought along Sae and Sui. To make it worse, Sae and Sui had taken an instant liking to the strange man on the way here.

Any form of hostility to Mukuro was no longer tolerated, and Yuuichirou, begrudgingly, had to leave the hospital with his daughters.

"Worry not," Mukuro was heard talking to Yuuichirou as he left, "I assure you, your son is not dead yet. He is merely asleep, deep within."

Upon Tsuna' assurance that Mukuro seemed not to be lying, Yuuichirou fought his instincts and left. Casting a forlorn glance toward Takeshi, he left with a painful expression.

Gokudera was next to excuse himself to go home, and Tsuna followed him. Although with reluctance, Takeshi followed. Takeshi had nothing to say to Drew, after all. He cared for Rei, not his female proxy.

Kuma and Amano, reading the mood, didn't take much longer to leave the room. He did give Drew an extended warning on her dos and don'ts, though. For example, no more grappling around like a karate master wanting to show off.

Mukuro had offered to reconstruct Rei's broken lungs.

But Drew refused.

That is not of your concern now, Drew told him, Right now, you have somewhere to be, someone to protect, and it is not Rei.

As selfish as that sounded, Drew believed that if Rei were fated to die here, he would have to accept that as his fate.

Instead, I have a favour to ask of you.

The clock on the wall moved into three o'clock, sharp.

Drew, bringing up a smile to her face, simply offered a proposal. It's something only you can do, she promised. 

Mukuro's eyes narrowed in displeasure. It seemed he knew where this was going already.

Drew's eyes-- they were a sight he scorned. Something he was painfully familiar with. He's seen thousands with those exact same eyes, and not all of them regained life.

Ken and Chikusa once had those eyes too, and so did Chrome. 

The eyes of the dead. Expressions of someone who had long lost their spark of life and hope.

Mukuro didn't like it at all.

Hey Mukuro, would you kill me?

If it was Mukuro, a Mist user-- he would be able to destroy something like Drew, who didn't have a physical body. And Mukuro knew that well.

"It seems you would reject my illusions as well," he spoke miserably. In the bac of his mind he thought of Chrome, who had refused to accept replacements for her own organs. Jokingly to say, it seems Mukuro really fails to understand the mindsets of women.