[chapter 6]

//beware i wrote this at 3am last night so theres a good chance a lot of this isnt even in english//

Nedzu trotted outside his office and glanced up to his right, where you, Aleksei, Viktoriya, Natalie and Manuela were all either sitting on benches or leaning against the wall waiting for him. You paused your idle chat with Aleksei to look at him expectantly- you still weren't sure what sort of being he was.

The wound on your neck from where your chip previously was had been healed by a nurse they called 'Recovery Girl', and the others' chips had been removed professionally under anaesthesia. Of course, they could only remove Natalie and Manuela's chips after they were found. Natalie had told you they were hiding in one of the buildings from the collapsed zone because Manuela was so terrified she'd be knocked unconscious, and she needed Natalie there to constantly reassure her with her quirk that she was going to stay awake.

You understood her concerns after her quirk had been explained, and frankly, you were a little on edge around her afterwards. That explains why you had not once seen her sleep while you were staying with the League.

Either way, all conversation was cut short when principal Nedzu exited his office and handed you back your files. You didn't even know how he got them, but at least you wouldn't have to explain anything to anyone.

"I'm happy to say that All Might and I have agreed to let you four have a place here," he smiled at you, though you raised an eyebrow. There were five of you, weren't there? "The odd one out if Manuela, I'm afraid. She's too young to attend high school here, so you'll be put into a middle school. Natalie's birthday is very close to the day we start a new school year, so you just managed to slip in. If you were born a couple of days earlier, you wouldn't have been able to attend," Natalie gave Nedzu a grateful smile and pat Manuela's shoulder.

Manuela gave him a small, shaky smile, more to be polite than anything else. The bags under her eyes looked even worse in broad daylight, especially when she was sitting this close to you. You could only hope she'd be alright in middle school.

"As for the rest of you," your attention was brought back to Nedzu as he pulled out a wad of folded sheets out of his pocket. "Natalie, you're in class 3-B," he handed her what looked to be a schedule, which she took with a smile and thanked him. "Viktoriya, you're in 3-A," she grinned cockily and snatched the paper up, skimming over it and scoffing every now and then. "Aleksei, you're in 2-A," he glanced at you quickly before taking his. "And..." Nedzu paused, realising he didn't have anything to call you. The reminder that you didn't have a name felt like a slap in the face, but you swallowed the feeling and kept staring at him. "You're in class 1-A." You nodded without a word and took the schedule from him.

You really needed to think of a name for yourself. What sort of name would you pick, though? A Japanese one? It would make sense, since you were living there, but you had no idea where you were from. Judging by your features, you looked to be somewhere from Eastern Asia, but thanks to your parents kicking off straight after you were born you had no idea whereabouts in Asia you originated from.

"Classes start back up tomorrow, I'll expect you all to be there promptly." Nedzu perked back up with a kind voice. "In the meantime, why don't you all check out your dorms and get yourselves cleaned up? As for Manuela, if you'll come with me down to the entrance we have some people from the local orphanage here for you." ((they're already in the dorms here purely bc idk where they'd stay if they weren't))

Manuela shakily stood up, looking as though she was about to cry until Natalie grabbed her hand.

"Sir, may I go with her for a few hours until she's settled?" She asked softly, gripping onto Manuela's hand with a soothing grip. Nedzu smiled back.