Alpha and Beta

I woke up to the smell of Macy's hair in my face and opened my eyes to see the top of her head barely covering my eyes, I smirked slightly and sat up tiredly before rubbing my hands over my face with a sigh. I had tons of paperwork waiting for me in my office that I had to get done, I had been avoiding since I met Macy, wanting to send all my time with her instead of taking care of my responsibilities. I looked over at her laying beside me, she was stretched out and her hair covered over her face slightly, I brushed her hair off her cheek and stared for a few moments before getting myself together to get dressed. Macy was still out cold once I'd gotten a shower and changed into some jeans with a black tank top, I closed the door behind me to our bedroom quietly deciding to let her sleep as much as she wanted to since I'd probably be busy the whole day. I could hear the voices of members outside and suddenly dreaded having to see Jasper, but I also knew we had to find a way to get past this if we were going to be the best Alpha and Beta there could be.

When we were little I distinctly remembered when I had told Jasper he would be my beta when I became Alpha and that we would be the best of the best, always by each other side and conquering the world together... If only it were that simple now. The heat hit me immediately when I walked out onto the front porch, it would most likely be a slow day, every boiling summer day like this was slow due to members being parched in their thick coats while going on patrols or training for any battles. Luckily we had a large pond near the center of the camp specifically, for this reason, we also had a pool a bit farther off on the north side that all pack members were welcomed to. Jasper was talking with a few members only a few feet away from the porch, he looked up at me and I saw his eyes fill with something unfamiliar and I didn't like it one bit. He looked away to dismiss the members then turned to face me as I neared,

"Alpha Belle" he greeted blankly,

"Jasper" I replied, I could see the disappointment in his eyes at the simple reply of his name

"How are we doing this morning?" I asked, putting my hands on my pockets and facing towards the camp.

"Good so far, a lot of members are wondering when you'll introduce Macy as your mate to the pack," he said giving me a glance from the corner of his eye.

"I'll do it later today then, but don't bother making members set up the stage and all that, it's far too hot for a proper ceremony" my voice came out colder then I meant it too, but the memory of him disrespecting my mate still hung over my head.

"Belle I... I'm sorry for what I said about Macy, but I just hope you see where I'm coming from" Jasper suddenly said, I looked at him and he looked back at me with an unsure expression. I sighed,

"I do, it's just no matter what anyone says Jasper I'm not rejecting Macy," I said desperately, trying to make him understand. He nodded but I could tell he still just couldn't agree, I let it slide though.

"I'm going inside to get some work done, I'll give you a heads up before I introduce Macy" I turned around back towards the house while speaking,

"Alright," he replied blankly.

Jasper apologizing had gotten rid of some of the weight but obviously not all of it because we both knew that he still just wished I would reject Macy, but I couldn't, there was no reason for me too that was logical like she was abusive or just wasn't good for me. But there was none of that, she was a good person with a kind heart and just happened to be a female, which made everything different, nobody could seem to see that she was just as good as any male mate I could've had. I clenched my fists together while walking upstairs to my office, I listened for Macy to see if she had woken up but all I could hear was her steady breathing. My office didn't look any different from my fathers, papers spread all over the desk, a big comfy leather chair and the sofa to the side, the walls were covered with bookshelves as well. I looked at the clock to see that it was nearly 11, I found it somewhat odd that Macy had gotten up so early yesterday but today she'd slept in so much I assumed it must have been because she was on a comfy bed instead of the couch downstairs squished up against me. I sat down and grabbed some of the papers and read through them, most of them were either new laws Alpha's were trying to get out and for me to sign on to agree or not agree to them, while the rest were about some payments that needed to be made. Every now and then we'd get a letter from a youngster in the pack with a cute drawing or something like that, my father had gotten quite a few but I haven't received any yet but I'd only been alpha for 2 weeks as well.