Chorus (Nine)

We sat there for a few seconds but it felt like hours. 

And then there was that annoying flash of light again.  I turned around but Sebastian pulled me back just in time.

"Put your hair in front of your face and follow me.  Quickly."

I did as he said and followed his retreating back, noticing that he threw a few twenty dollar bills on the table as we escaped.

Paparazzi.  I knew they were a possibility but I didn't realize they could literally find us wherever they went.  They were resourceful, I'd give them that.

We'd just exited the diner as the flood of people and cameras came careening towards us and I did as he said and put my hair in front of my face, shielding myself from the harsh glare of the cameras.

They were shouting all kinds of obscene things at us.

"Are you cheating on Ali with her?"

"Have you had sex yet?"

"How old is she?"

"What's her name?"

I blocked out their words and focused on the car coming closer and closer to my view.  The door was unlocked as I opened it and slipped inside, quickly locking it behind me and I put my hands over my face once I was safely inside.

"They're going to follow us wherever we go now.  I have to take you back to my house, then I'll have Jason take you home or to school out of the back entrance of my driveway.  They won't be able to follow then."

I just nodded, hating how both of our moods had gone from sunny and bright to cold and hard in just a few mere moments.

I shook the pain from my head we continued the ride in a long silence, and once we were back at his home I could finally breathe easily again.

He stormed out of the car and into the house as soon as we arrived and I looked to see Jason standing by the front door awaiting orders from his 'boss'.

They looked to be in a heated argument so I just stayed by the car, not wanting to get in the middle of it, whatever it was.

Finally, Jason looked to me and nodded, hooking a thumb over his shoulder motioning for me to follow him to the SUV awaiting in the driveway.

As I slid into the awaiting car, I looked at Sebastian's retreating figure.  He'd done this not once, but twice to me and I was starting to think that he wasn't worth it.

"Where to Miss?" Jason asked me from the front seat and I had to fight the urge to run back inside to tell Sebastian off.

I couldn't fight it anymore though, so that's exactly what I did.

I opened the door quickly and tore out of the car and raced up the stairs to Sebastian's mansion which I quickly realized was kind of a bad idea due to how out of shape I was and I would have to confront him out of breath and sweaty but it didn't matter.

I had to find out what his problem was.

He was hot one second then cold the next.  It made my head spin with how his mood changed so quickly and without any notice whatsoever.

"Sebastian!" I yelled out, and it didn't take but five seconds for his to appear at the top of the stairs looking down into the foyer where I was standing.

"Hey man, I tried to stop her, I really did!  She's just really fast and-"

"It's fine man, just go wait in the car.  This'll only take a second."