Sneak peek of TAOR sequel - The Art of Moving On!

I sucked in a breath as I continued dancing.

One, two, three, four.

On the fifth count I fell to the ground and slammed my fist into the flooring. Of course I wouldn't get it! I halfway expected Jace to be there, helping me to my feet, by of course he wasn't.

He was probably with his new girlfriend, Kayla.

Jace and I dated for a solid year before he broke up with me saying that he wanted to 'experience' new relationships. Little did I know that he was cheating on me with Kayla. It seems like the girl who had 'changed' in high school went back to her normal ways. This was just like a repeat of everything. Sean cheating on me with Kayla. Jace cheating on me with Kayla.

What a coincidence.

I didn't cry when I found out that the day he had broken up with me he had officially asked Kayla to be his girlfriend because quite frankly, I should've seen it coming. Kayla broke up with Sean just a week after Jace and I started going out and she stuck around us all the time. She obviously wanted Jace and I should've noticed.

Dumb Peyton, dumb.

(Authors note: HAHAHAHAHAH, I'M SO KIDDING! There isn't going to be a sequel at all. I just wanted to get another prank in there before everything is completely over :) I DID promise you all something though. If I got a lot of notice on my new story I'd post a surprise on here and I wrote the SECOND epilogue for you that--unlike what's above--is compeltely real. Now here it is, the REAL thing :) This shows what Peyton and Jace's life is ending up to be like! It's not very exciting and kind of short but I know some of you wanted to know more than what I gave you in the last epilogue.)

Epilogue #2

“Finished!”

In front of me was my story of my life during high school about how I started the whole revenge thing on Sean—Seth in my story to keep his identity a secret—and went with Jace—Jason. It talked about how Jace/Jason betrayed me and how Kayla—Kira—turned out to be good and everything. Overall, it was my life ever since I fell in love with Jace Harley that day in high school.

After dancing for Maximum I took a life as a professional dancer, earning spots on those lame dance shows and talk shows. One of the interviews I was given asked me about my high school life and I basically spilled on everything. After the show the host told me that I should make it into a book and after talking to publishers and everything, I did.

A pair of warm, strong hands covered my eyes as I stared at my work and a voice whispered into my ear. “Guess who.”

I shook him off of me and stood up to kiss my husband, Jace. After dating for four years after Dillon and Alyssa’s wedding night, he finally proposed. He admitted that he’d planned to do it a year before but he always got nervous and wanted it to be perfect.

And perfect it was.

“Did you name it?” Jace asked when we pulled back. His light eyes were on the documents in front of me. The full 300 pages of our story.

I nodded. “The Art of Revenge.”

He grinned. “Fitting. Now everyone is going to learn about our fairytale life.”

I rolled my eyes at him. “It’s anything but a fairytale, Jace.”

Fairytale?”

The high-pitched squeal came from our daughter, Eli, which is short for Elizabeth. She held her favorite doll in her hand and by being only three years old, she was obsessed with fairytales and always wanted to hear about Jace and my love story all the time. She called it a fairytale, believing that love truly can exist in a perfect shape and form.

Of course we left out all the worst parts of the story like how he lied and such. I don’t want our daughter thinking that if a guy screws you over, you should get back together with him all the time.

“When’s Willy and Jack going to get here?” she asked as Jace picked her up earning a round of sweet laughter from her.

“Soon,” I kissed the top of her head and looked at Jace and Eli. The two were adorable together and shared a lot of the same looks: his eyes, his cute pouting face, his laughter. Of course she earned my dimples and hair and also had her own freckles added to her face.

“Where’s your brother?” I asked her.

“I don’t know.”

I rolled my eyes and went down the hallway of our room to find our six year old son, Aaron, dancing. Both of them had taken up dancing and Aaron was starting to learn the basics of soccer with Jace as his private coach. He’s doing pretty well and considering how his father was a college soccer player, that’s expected.

“Aaron,” he turned his chocolaty eyes on me with a sheepish grin. “Come out here, your cousins should be here soon—“

I was cutoff by the doorbell and my son went racing by me. Judging by the laughter coming in the other room, Eli was also running to the door.

“Hey, guys!” I heard Jace bellow as I walked into the entryway. “Come on in!”

Dillon, Alyssa, and their two sons Will and Jackson all piled in. Alyssa was really pregnant and looked tired as she looked at her sons who were already playing with Jace and my children.

“Hey sis,” Dillon grinned and gave me a hug. “It’s been awhile. Eli’s gotten taller and Aaron looks stronger.”

Eli perked up at her name and gave her uncle a cheeky grin before toppling over Jackson again. I laughed at them and gestured my brother and sister-in-law to follow Jace and I into the dining room where we could talk without any interruptions from children.

We all remained in California but Jace and I moved closer to Los Angeles so I wouldn’t have to travel as far to work everyday. With being there, I was also far away from my parents whom I saw a few times a year. I tried to keep things neutral between us for Aaron and Eli’s sake because I wanted their grandparents in their lives, but things between my mother and father and I weren’t perfect and never would be.

We talked about each other’s lives. How Alyssa was doing with her pregnancy, Dillon with his job, Jace with his soccer, and me dancing. I wasn’t really interested in talking about myself because I mostly just wanted to hear about my brother and his wife’s life. I missed them terribly and I wished they would move closer.

“Peyton,” Dillon turned to me. “Did you finish that book yet?”

I nodded with a smile. “Yep. I just finally named it today.”

He cocked an eyebrow up, “Oh? What’s it called? Dillon is the Best Brother Ever?” He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, “The Art of Revenge.”

“Fitting,” he nodded in pleasure. “What made you think of that?”

I gulped because that was sort of personal. Before I blacked out during the fire, I was thinking about Jace and revenge and Sean and everything that had happened leading up to that fire. I still remember my thoughts exactly to this day so many years later.

You know what they say, when going out to get revenge, dig two graves. I’d never thought it’d be this literally until I’m on the verge of dying. The art of revenge is a horrible thing and it even brought me to where I am at this moment.

And I still don’t regret it to this day. The whole revenge thing made my life today and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I looked around the corner and saw my son helping my daughter onto the couch because her little legs couldn’t reach that far. I looked at Jace who was staring at me and all I could see was love. On the table in the corner was a picture of me dancing on stage. I still remember the people chanting my name. If I hadn’t wanted to get revenge, I wouldn’t have any of this.

So I turned to Dillon and just smiled, “It just kind of fit perfectly.”

_______________________________

I might do some Jace POV's too of TAOR so if you guys have any requests, please let me know!

Don't forget, I love you guys :) Thanks for everything and I hope you didn't get TOO angry about my prank, haha.