The "Time Flux"

As they all stood there, on this lush sandy beach, still in shock by the fact they are 200 years into the past, staring at a long-sunk cruise ship. The thought of not being able to get home had began to sink in to their minds. Oz was almost in his element, Hannah was trying to decide how best to record information, so she could learn from what she was seeing. And Clock, well Clock was trying not to soil himself.

"I cannot fucking believe you didn't put navigational controls on the Sphere" Said Clock

"They weren't needed, James" Said Hannah whilst writing in her notepad

"Not needed!? How in the flying shit was it not needed!"

"Because the materials needed to craft a new navigation system were stored inside of Travel Locks. So, we could reduce the size of the Sphere" Hannah explained

"Jesus Christ, well congratulations. And what do you mean reduce the size" Clock said as he swung his hand out to point at the sphere behind them "Cos this thing is fuckin' massive"

The sphere was quite a spectacle, completely smooth and mirrored. It was 30 metres in diameter, but it didn't seem as big due to it being in a colossal laboratory which was effectively just a retro fitted old aircraft hangar. It wasn't in its usual glory thanks to the crash. It had extensive surface damage and was covered in debris. It was at this moment they realised a big problem. A 30 foot sphere, inside of an even larger crater was sat in the middle of Southampton beach in 1912. The beach goers were beginning to stare.

"Thank baby Jesus smart phones aren't a thing yet" Said Oz

"What the shit are we going to do?" Asked Clock

"Don't worry. Fortunately, when we designed the Sphere we considered that their maybe primitive or aggressive life forms on the planets we would reach. Therefore, we fitted the Sphere with advanced armour and a new kind of light bending surface texturing" She said

"What?" Says Clock

Oz tapped some data into his Tech-Man and selected a feature. The sphere began to slowly disappear. It appeared that water was pouring down across the sphere but instead of making it wet, it made it invisible. After a few seconds the Sphere was completely gone from view, to the total shock of everyone on the beach watching, none more than Clock.

"Holy shit it disappeared. Did you see that!?" Clock says excitedly

"We saw, James" Hannah said embarrassed "I thought you were a field scientist?"

"Yeah, in the Army, we used to determine what poison was what or what kind of artillery the enemies were using. Not making shit vanish into thin air!"

"Guys, we really gotta go" Said Oz grabbing Hannah's hand and ushering her off the beach

They walked up to a set of steps which led onto the path near the beach. This led onto a coastal shopping centre filled with coffee shops and sea side memorabilia stores. They were getting a lot of odd looks from the public, everyone except Clock. Clock didn't look so out of place due to his Long Trench Coat, Hannah and Oz on the other hand stood out like a sore thumb in their Tech gear. As they walked past a Sea Side clothing shop, Clock quickly grabbed 2 long coats from an outside clothing rack and chucked them over the other two.

"Cover up, people are looking at us" Said Clock

They ducked into a small café and sat near the back and away from the windows. Oz picked up the menu and placed it in front of him, stood up. He opened the Tech-Man and started to input and process data.

"This is just bat shit crazy..." Says Clock

"Don't you see? This is amazing, we discovered time travel!" Hannah says with a big smile