Chapter 16

"So," Momma Asian clapped. "Who wantsㅡ" She didn't have to finish the sentence. They all knew what she was about to say so immediately hands went up. Expect mine. I was finished opening my mouth to eat. Momma Asain's eyes gleamed victoriously with her lips pursed in a smirk. "Ha. There isn't any. You're on your own."

Something happened that I didn't expect. I thought everyone here at the table was going to be bull mad at her for joking with them like that, but instead all burning hatred eyes veered at Titania. They could see her enjoying herself with the bucket of the desert and an oversized spoon with ice cream whiskers.

Titania knew this was coming so she was about to handle it well. "What did I do," she asked ever so childish. Grace scowled. Mira smacked her lips. Caden shrugged. Deewa shoved her in the shoulder. Kash narrowed his eyes, chewing on the inside of his cheek. They all looked as if they wanted to murder her. Over ice cream? I snickered ever so quietly and closed my pizza box. JESUS! I was doing things I don't normally do: like this snickering. When was the last time I even snickered...?

"You know what you did," Grace sneered. "Don't act inconspicuous."

"...I can explain!" Titania tapped her chin as if doing so would pound the words out her mouth. Her brown eyes clocked to the corner of her eyes, looking up to the ceiling. Everybody waited tapping feet and nails against the floor and table. I was just sitting here. And for what? I haven't a clue. I could've been doing something else with my time. But what? I had nothing else to do. WHAT WAS I DOING WITH MY LIFE? WASTING Iㅡ

"TITA!" someone boomed. It jumped me out my thoughts. I bolted my eyes confusingly around the table until I found out who did so. "THAT'S SUCH A BIZARRE EXCUSE!" It was Mira.

"So, you're saying your "ice cream" conscience told you to get up and get eat it in the middle of the night....?" Grace abstrused sardonically. Titania shrugged absurdly.

"Crazy, right?"

"Tita, go to your room." Deewa pointed in the direction.

"Who made you mom?"

"My spirit."

Momma Asian slumped back into her chair. "Good! I could use the break." She slid her hand across her head and stretched out her arms and shoulders, groaning. "Who's turns for dishes tonight?" All eyes wentㅡ"Don't even think about it."

Kash stood up, collecting his pizza box. "Well, I had enough for one day." He tilted his head side to side. "Tell Axel I'll stop by tomorrow."

"Kash, Jessica is coming over." Mira said mischievously causing Kash to halt in motion. I looked at him. He seemed to be staring at absolutely nothing. What was wrong with him when it came to hearing the word Jessica. It was only a name.

But to Kash it was totally different thing hearing the name Jessica. Especially it coming out of Mira's mouth. It made him shiver to even hear her name. It was like hearing he won the Hall of Fame or something. He tried to keep it cool tonight. Being around Jessica made him charming and it affected him sexually.

He cleared his throat and gave Mira the bestest straight face he could manage since his heart and emotions were already fireworking. He was beginning to sweat, too. Play it off, he told himself. "Not tonight. Angelo is blowing up my phone right now so I gotta go pick her up." He looked at his Rolex. "Yeah..." He licked his lips and bit the bottom. "Tell her I said Hi though." He sounded and looked very pained if I was hearing and looking at him right. Poor thing?