Chapter 17

Laughter, laughter, laughter.

"Gold fish!"

"You liar! No one else has that Juuzou card!"

Grace answered sounding like a mocking Ursula from the Little Mermaid. "Then I don't eeda." Everyone laughed. I chuckled lightly.

The kids had decided to play Go Fish instead of Have I Ever since enough people weren't around. Caden had skipped and went to bed. The girls booed stating how they didn't need him anyway, he cheats. Mira had mentioned how she wanted to play with Kash. Deewa and Grace had rolled their eyes. Who gave a damn about Kash playing? They didn't need him either, Grace debated. Deewa had mentioned Axel. He'd probably wouldn't play Mira had suggested. He would been too tired. I out of curiosity asked why would he. Deewa's eyes had immediately threw daggers at me. What did I...? Mira told me what he did after school and it made sense to way he would be tired. I had nodded and tucked myself back into the invisible corner. They had promised to play Have I Ever tomorrow night. Mira was so eager to play it.

So here we were playing Go Fish with Tokyo Ghoul cards. It was Deewa's idea of course.

"I has won!" Titania threw down a pair of Ken Kaneki cards. "Now I'm going to bed." Deewa gawked down at the cards Tita just threw down. Her eyes seem to be doing the stuttering. Momma Asian agreed with Tita. Her eyes were glossy with sleep. She patted Tita's thighs since she was sitting in her lap. Titania suddenly went sleep limp. Oh, no, Beer thought. You are not about to play dead.

"Tita, get up, child." She tried giving her a shove. Titania didn't move. "If you were asleep, you wouldn't be stiff." Momma Asian observed. "Now git!" This time she shoved Tita off her lap. Tita groaned and rose up to her feet almost straggling over. "Deewa, take your sister to bed."

Deewa was gathering the cards. "Do I have to?" Deewa groaned. Momma Asian didn't answer. Her eyes did. Deewa pouted. "Why do we have to go to bed anyways?"

"Bella. I'm sure she's tiredㅡ no, she looks tired and she still has to unpack so..."

"Why does the new student get all the attention?" Deewa grumbled under her breath.

So we were going to bed because of me? Oh, come on. Don't plaster me in the middle of the table please. I needed to speak up so it wouldn't be this way all the time.

"Um," I started, sitting up straighter. All eyes automatically rotated at me. Fuck. "It-it's fine, Beer. They can stay up if th-they want to. I'm actually not even tired yet."

"See!"

"Bedtime," Momma Asian stated clearly. "It's not Friday. Let's go." Everyone groaned. Grace had already left along with Titania. She knew if she stayed she would've had to sit through this bickering and tonight she didn't want too. She had a headache that math class added up.

"One more day of school," Mira chanted. "Then freedom. I can do it. Night, guys. Night, Bella!" Another call out surprise for me. I beamed at her and rose up to my feet.

"Do you need any help, Bella?" I shook my head at Momma Asian.

"No, thanks. I got it." Even with her eyes half open, I could see she was grateful I rejected her help. She really didn't want to help me. She was just asking to be nice. I think I heard her mutter Thank God if I'm not hypothetically mistaken. I shrugged and headed towards the room I would be sleeping in. This was my first night here at this house and I was already feeling like I didn't belong here.

Creeping inside the dark room where Caden's soft snoring told me he was deep in his sleep, I stood by the door debating whether or not to keep the door closed. I didn't know if Caden or Axel closed it at a time like this. Did they keep it ajar? Half way open? Fully open? Ugh. I didn't want anyone to get uneasy with me because of what I did or didn't do. Blast! Deciding to pretend like I didn't care, I kept the door half way opened.

Who...cares...what...anyone...thinks...or...says...

Standing at the foot of Kash's bed, I stared down at my bags. I sighed. Gloria really did leave me. If this was a dream, it sure as hell was a long one. But it wasn't. My surroundings told me that. It was to stable to be a dream.

It took me a while to unpack. I was procrastinating just fiddling the zipper of the bag and hesitating to take anything out. I guess I was using Kash's bedside dresser. What he had on there wasn't much. Just a digital clock and a desk lamp. I guess I wouldn't be interfering with much. I wondered if he minded. I shrugged and told himself he shouldn't mind. He seems like a nice guy that'll understand I'm using his invisible cell for a while. Hopefully...

My legs felt like they were going to fall out my hip sockets anytime soon so I got onto the bed and sat in the middle, not bothering to move the bags closer to me. I just sat there looking at them. The duffel bag barely shining in the dark. The leather was peeling. The new bag Gloria insisted she buy for me glistened it the dark since it was new and leather as well. The logo on it shined in dim yellowly light from the lamp that only lit up the back of the bed and skimmed dimness elsewhere.

I felt tired and just wanted to see if I could sleep without a mare tonight. Inside of me wanted to think being a new house and surrounding would help me. There was only one way to find out, but did I honestly want to? I sighed. I didn't know. How was I supposed to know if I didn't want to know? Blah. Forgot it. I'm just going to read and make myself pass out if that's the case. Fuck it.

I leaned forward to reach for my duffel bag. I unzipped it and digged inside. I felt nothing but soft things. Clothes. Ugh. I was almost in a panic. Did I forget to pack them?! Did I leave them at the Group Home?! Please no! No, no, no, no, no! First, no Gloria! Now no books?! FUCK! I started to whimper as my hand wrestled inside the bag. Only clothes. I only felt clothes. How could thiㅡ

Then I felt something that eased my worries. I carefully pulled it out then unfolded it. I sighed away the panic and stared at the poster. His black hair stood out along with his blue eyes. His stance strong and bold bring out the patched logo on his chest. I knew I didn't forget this. I remembered packing him of course. It was more important than the Grimm book series. I could always buy more of those, but this...I couldn't. I didn't want to replace him if I didn't have to. He's been with me for as long as I knew.

I brought him up to my lips and kissed his face. "Thanks, Superman." I whispered and gently laid him next to me. I felt more complexed and relaxed now. I could breath again. More calmly, I searched through the duffel once again. I shoved things to the side. Still no Grimms. Hm. I arched my head back and sighed. Maybe I did forgetㅡ that I had another bag! Holy shit! Yes, yes! I bounced forward and grabbed it. Thank you, Gloria! I kissed the logo and unzipped it.

The stuff I had packed in here were the things Gloria had brought me and the other stuff that were already mine that couldn't fit into the duffel. I had wanted to separated mine from the stuff Gloria got me but unfortunately I could not.

With John Shirley's: Grimm, Icy Cold Touch now in my hands, I was more relaxed then I was before. Yes! All I needed was Superman and any Grimm series book. I went through the bag to find my mini flash light but I couldn't find quick enough. He was in there somewhere. I scooted back to the head board, propped a pillow comfortably against my back and flicked open the book to where I left off. I read for however long my eyes stayed open.

🌺🌌🌺

I figured this chapter was good enough to update as well. :D I hope you enjoy it. Please show me how much you did in the comments...

And also...vote on your way out! Thanks, readers.

Your Writer, B.K