bucky barnes - drabble #1

a.n, 1am and writing drabble based off "flowers" because why the hell not. this is also in third person. i also just don't know what this is. oh well :)) - not a request -

Bucky walks down the New York Street, stopping at the farmers market. Multiple stalls lay open, and the soldier waltz's slowly between them all. He collects fresh produce, such as strawberries and cucumbers, as well as other luxuries such as herbal teas. The brunette hums to himself, stopping abruptly at a tent he'd never seen before. The coloured banner reads as some sort of flower shop, the decorations supporting this claim. A girl stands behind the wooden counter, smiling to a customer as she wraps the ornament in pink tissue paper (to match the snow-drops). The girl tucks a small strand of her hair behind her ear, her eyes glazing over the man's for just a second. Bucky's stomach fills with warmth, the colour of her irises replaying over and over in his mind.
can i help you?
She asks, a hint of a chuckle laced between her words.
i-i'm sorry?
you were staring, that's all
Amusement is thick in her voice now, as she tries to play off the butterflies pooling inside of her.
i was staring because..your flowers
my flowers?
Bucky pauses, his gaze laying upon her face like a soft blanket. His eyes are careful, his lips turned ever so lightly up- in a smile he's trying to conceal.
your flowers are beautiful
oh... well thank you-
james. but you can call me bucky
bucky, huh?
that's right
The girl in front of the man begins to collect different flowers- not saying which. She fiddles with the different stems, her dainty fingers moulding the velvet petals to her will.
i like that name
i'll take that as a compliment
good
She smiles, tying a small ribbon around the tissue paper. She presents Bucky with a bouquet of blue and white flowers. The paper a deep mauve, and the ribbon white too.
i didn't know what you wanted, so i figured something to match your eyes
how romantic
along with the nice shirt your wearing. don't want you thinking i saw red in your eyes
Bucky laughs, lightly, taking the bouquet and holding it gently.
how much is this?
hmm.. let me check
The girl spins on her heels, wiping her hands on her slightly muddied yellow apron. The man smiles to himself, seeing it tied in a little bow at the back. She rummages around for a couple of seconds, turning back to Bucky.
that'll be.. $10.50 with a possible phone number
sounds like a perfect deal
Coins and paper are passed from one hand to another, the slight touching of skin igniting something between the two.
i'll see you again
you sure of that?
very sure
The man says matter-of-factly, smiling at the girl once more before stepping away from the stall.