iv. you can't run.

CHAPTER FOUR.
[ iv. you can't run. ]
/ IRL & TEXTING /

SADIE COULD FEEL her lungs aching. The lack of air was getting to her. She was cold, practically freezing to death. The ginger got so cold that it actually burned. She opened her eyes and looked up and saw three figures standing in front of the pool. I need air, her brain kept telling her, she didn't listen. Just then, her body took over, she had no control. She took a big breath, her lungs filled with water. It hurt, it hurt like hell. She was internally screaming, begging for air. Seven minutes felt like an eternity. Sadie started panicking once water went in her mouth, but refused to go up for air. I'm gonna die.

***

One minute pasts, they could see her body still underwater. Three minutes past, they start to get anxious. How is she still under there?  Chosen asked himself as he folded his arms. Three more minutes past, the timer rings, making the three lose their breath. "Sadie! Sadie it's done, the time is up!" Sophia shouted. She saw her friend's body still underneath the water, not coming up. Sophia looked at Chosen with concern, he also was concerned.

As for Millie, she was terrified of what happened to her. Sure, she wasn't as good as friends as they used to be but, she still cared. "Chosen, can you help me pull her out?" Sophia asked quickly, he responded in a nod. They all bent down and started to pull Sadie out. The thing is, she was cold as ice, but still breathing, ever so slightly. Millie went in to help pull her out. They dragged her on the deck, Sophia almost panicking.

"Sadie?" Millie questioned in disbelief. As the ginger lied lifelessly on the deck. They stood over her, puzzled. Just then. she started coughing up water, begging for air. Sophia's nerves skyrocketed and tried to prop her up.

"You're okay," she reassured with a relieved sigh. "Take your time." Sadie kept coughing up water for what seemed like forever. Chosen stood there awkwardly, watching someone who he secretly cared for, literally coughing her lungs out.

***

Chosen carried the girl inside and laid her on the couch, she was shaking. "Are you okay?" Grace asked fearfully, obviously panicked as she saw how pale she was. Sadie nodded, not wanting to talk. Jeremy, Jaeden, and Grace all started smothering her in blankets, keeping her warm. Noah quickly started looking up ways onto "how to help a person who almost drowned to death".

"Does your chest hurt?" Noah quickly asked, Sadie nodded, clutching her chest.

"Noah, not right now," Sophia sighed, making Noah feel embarrassed, all he wanted was to try and help. He didn't know how much longer he had on this earth to do so.

"Is Sadie alright?" Gaten asked with curiosity. Just when he asked his question, Millie felt Sadie's phone buzz in her pocket.

/ TEXTING /

( 2 participants )

unknown number
Well, that's a shame, Sadie didn't freeze to death. That's a wonderful way to go after
all. Hello Millie, how are you?