9.

Christmas Day
8:32am

Riley

"Put foil on top of that." My mom said to me pointing to the chicken.

I placed the foil over top of it and made my way out of the kitchen. Not many people were coming over today, just a couple of my family members, my mom's friends and Amaru's family. They weren't coming until 1' o clock but my mom likes to do everything early.

After looking around at the decorations and all the gifts under the tree, I went upstairs to my room and got back into bed. I was only up early to help my mom cook but now that I was finish I could relax.

I laid my head down onto my pillow and my phone vibrated under it. I took it from under my pillow and saw that it was a text from Amaru.

Bestie🤪: You up? - 8:33am

Me: Yeah - 8:34am

Bestie🤪: I might come over early - 8:36am

Me: Yes, come now - 8:39am

Bestie🤪: Aw, you miss me? - 8:40am

Me: 🤣 - 8:40am

Bestie🤪: 😂 I'll be over by 10, so we can dip off when niggas start being annoying. - 8:42am

Me: Okay😂 - 8:43am

I sat my phone on my nightstand, laughing to myself. I knew today was going to be a very eventful, like it is at every family function. My family and Amaru's family together is crazy. Someone always ended up arguing or fighting so we liked to be prepared.

**

10:53pm

"Wake up!" Amani yelled, slapping my butt as I opened my eyes slowly.

"Stop." I whined, turning over onto my back.

"Merry Christmas." She smiled sitting in the beanbag chair.

"Merry Christmas Mani." I giggled, stretching my body.

"Where's Amaru?" I asked her, looking around.

"Downstairs." She said and I nodded.

"I got you something." She smiled widely.

"Really?" I asked excitedly and she nodded.

"What is it?" I asked, sitting up a bit.

"You have to wait." She sassed and I rolled my eyes.

A few minutes later, my room door opened and Amaru came through the door.

"Best friend." He smiled as he walked in, closing the door behind him.

"Hey best friend." I smiled as he came over to me giving me a hug.