CHAPTER 2: PAST

The mint-haired guy clicked his tongue in annoyance as he exited the scene.

'Well, let's see if she can survive...'

He pondered, his figure blending into the dim hallway. Suddenly, he halted to peer outside. The once bright sky had now turned dark and seemed endless. A scoff of disbelief escaped him.

'Maybe the same way will end her...'

His thoughts darkened as he frowned, glancing at the portraits lining the walls. However, they were nowhere to be found. Recalling memories was all he could do at that moment.

'Right, it also started this way...'

It all began with the introduction of new family members—a member oblivious to the intricacies of the world they inhabited. A line was drawn, a boundary they shouldn't cross or knowledge they shouldn't possess.

The door opened to reveal two girls, undeniably younger than the boys in the room.

'Their genuine smiles caught me off guard. The ugly atmosphere in the house felt lifted,' the mint-haired man thought, observing as the twins made their way towards them.

"Woah, I can't believe we'll be living here, Jennie!" exclaimed the girl named Jisoo, grabbing Jennie's forearm and attempting to pull her around. The pair seemed genuinely amazed by the aesthetic of the house.

"Come on now, Jisoo, we should not wander around," Jennie advised, attempting to calm down the exuberant Jisoo, who couldn't stop smiling. Your eyes met theirs, and a certain tension seemed to lift.

Noticing their gaze, the boys decided to introduce themselves, and the atmosphere gradually became light and pleasant. Unfamiliar with the unexpectedly warm ambiance, the boys found themselves liking it. The twins' arrival had injected an element of cheerfulness, momentarily alleviating the heavy air that had lingered in the house.

                                         ______________________________________

Three months had passed since the twins entered their world. Peace seemed to reign, and BTS continued to maintain their naive personas, ensuring that news of their involvement and identities remained deeply concealed. However, in a world where eyes were ever-watchful, secrets were bound to be uncovered.

"A spy was watching us," the mint-haired man confessed, his voice shaky as he bit his lip, attempting to quell the tremor. "With the twins," he added, glancing at the others, who wore expressions of disbelief and fear.

"It's them, isn't it?" Namjoon muttered, looking down, his mind processing the ramifications of this miscalculation on their plan. "In any minute, the twins are now known to the underground world," he continued, still looking down, his hand on his chin. "And dangers will surely linger around them." Taking a deep sigh, he finally looked up.

"We'll have to inform them," Namjoon concluded, a heavy sense of responsibility settling over the room as the reality of the situation sank in.

"Them?" Jungkook asked, his brow raised, seeking confirmation of what he understood.

"The twins," Namjoon clarified, scanning everyone with his eyes. "Are any of you against this?" His gaze bore into you, sending shivers down your spine. It was evident that he wouldn't tolerate any opposition to his decision.

Without further ado, the seven boys finally confronted the twins, their father absent due to his involvement in business abroad. The air was thick with tension as the truth unfolded and decisions needed to be made to navigate the dangers that now loomed over the unsuspecting twins.