CHAPTER 3: Remember

"We have to be more alert," Namjoon declared, leaning towards his seat, frustration evident in his voice. The gravity of the situation weighed heavily on everyone, and they nodded in acknowledgment. Namjoon continued, "We need everything to protect them," his tone stern as he shot them all a serious look.

"They're obviously going to do more," Jungkook added, staring at the ceiling. An unfamiliar pessimistic side of Jungkook surfaced, causing genuine concern among everyone present. The realization that the threats against the twins were far from over left a somber atmosphere in the room.

"Now what?" Jimin finally asked, breaking the silence that had settled in the room. All eyes turned to him, their attention diverted as they grappled with the challenging situation.

"All I can think of are bodyguards. Since we can't be with them always, considering our jobs and classes," Taehyung suggested, finding agreement from some. However, Jin retorted, "But the twins don't like bodyguards," frustration evident in his sigh.

"How about only letting the guards be with them when they're going to school and coming home?" Jungkook suggested, receiving nods from the group.

"Whether the twins like it or not, we really need someone to guard them," J-Hope remarked as he stood up, ready to head to his room.

"Then it's settled. We'll do that for now. Don't let your guard down," Namjoon warned, and with that, everyone went their separate ways to prepare for the challenges that lay ahead.

                                                  _________________________

Three months had passed since that incident, and life had seemingly returned to what could be considered normal.

'We decided to take the twins to a park and have fun because we knew that being stuck in the mansion and guarded 24/7 is suffocating,' I thought, unknowingly smiling softly.

We were all having fun, like normal families do—laughing, smiling.

But.

We got surrounded by men in black.

Around 60. No, around 80?!

"What!?" Jimin panicked, instinctively pulling out his gun.

Before we could process what happened, I felt a stinging pain on my shoulder, making me lose my balance and fall to the ground.

My eyes constantly blacked out, and all I could hear were the screams of familiar voices, names echoing, and a hand around me that seemed to be dragging me away from all the chaos. I fought to open my eyes, only to see my brothers scattered, fighting for their lives, and... and...

My gaze fixated on two bodies in the midst of the chaos.

'Blood. They got shot.'

'Damn it!'

I tried to move my body, urging myself to move, move, move!

'F*ck it!'

As I struggled, I sensed another presence. Who is it?

Before my eyes could close, the men in black were getting wiped out.

                                       _________________________________

I opened my eyes, slowly adjusting to the light above me, and quickly jolted up when I saw my father on the side, sitting in a chair as he read his book.

"Finally, you're awake," he said, closing his book, and his attention shifted to me.

"Where are the others?" I asked, looking at him lifelessly, trying to piece together the events before I passed out.

"They're back in the house, alive and kicking," he simply said, shrugging. Before my brain could process anything, I tried to get out of bed.

"The twins! Where?!" I raised my voice, sounding like a madman, prompting my father to stand up and walk towards me. He placed a hand on my shoulder, pushing me down to sit back on the bed.

"Now, now, let's not get all worked up. You're still an injured man," he said calmly, tucking me into the bed, which only fueled my frustration at how weak I felt.

"The twins–"

"They both didn't make it," he cut me off, locking eyes with me. His gaze held no emotion, and it struck me like a heavy blow.

I tried to speak, but nothing came out. My lips were like a fish's, unable to form any words, and the frustration overwhelmed me.

"That's not true..." I mumbled quietly, but it was enough for my father to hear. He looked at me with a sad expression, and unknowingly, a single tear escaped from my eye.

'What are these emotions I'm feeling?'

'It hurts so bad.'

'It's suffocating.'

"You're a mafioso—A natural-born mafioso," the man beside me suddenly declared, making me look at him in disbelief. "These trivial stuff is always to be expected," he continued, locking eyes with me. "A mafioso is someone whose morals are distorted—a corrupt being close to a demon—someone who brings hell wherever they go. Getting involved in our business, and knowing there's no way out," he preached, making me gaze at him with a perplexed expression, only to receive a scoff from him, noting my distressed look.

"What the heck are you getting into—"

I stopped when the sound of his lighter was heard. He took out a cigarette, lit it up, blew out the smoke, and looked at me with cold eyes. 'He obviously knows this is a hospital.'

"You boys did inform them, right...?" He said lightly, making me nod in response. "Then surely they knew they didn't have much long to live by that," he added casually, as if it were an easy truth, causing anger to well up inside me.

"Now, now, don't be like that. I'm stating facts here, kid. The twins aren't idiots, to begin with. And you shouldn't move too much; after all, you've been in a coma for a month," he said, starting to walk out of the door, leaving me in the dark with my eyes wide open.

'A month?!'

'Wait...'

"Wait..." I said, making him stop at the door, not looking back.

"Was there another person on the scene... a civilian? or maybe another mafioso?" I asked, trying to recall anything that could help me describe that person.

"Hmm... Now that you've said that, I'm not sure about her identity, but there's this girl who called the ambulance for you boys," he lazily said, shrugging. I only managed to nod silently.

"Then I'm off, kid," he said, finally going out of the door.

END OF FLASHBACK

______________